2013 CX-5 Aftermarket Stereo Install

Hi All,

I have taken a lot of time reading the posts including the number of wiring diagrams provided by Redbaron and other users so this has been a good start.

CX-5 Bose Edition 2013
PAC RP$ MZ11 Harness to retain what I can
Camera Lead
Sony Patch lead
Aerial lead
Sony Double Din Android Auto

I am so far so good (in terms of powering on/ sound/ Bluetooth/ steering wheel controls.) and this forum has helped massively. Sound options with the pretty basic Sony unit already seems an improvement and i have not played with DSP settings yet. (though i have also glued the door woofers as they were shot)

Next steps is figuring the reverse camera/ running USB connectors/ replacing factory mic (don't like the look of the work to keep OEM mic).

It does seem is there are a lot of redundant cables left behind. Commander switch I know will be a load, but i still have 3 or 4 black cables with varying connectors left behind. Should i be concerned?

I've put the next steps off for the night. but sure I will come back with questions especially on the camera as have not figured that part out yet.

Thanks

Don't worry about the extra wires. So long as everything is working, you'll be fine.

If you're using the factory reverse camera, you'll need to get a voltage converter. I think it's Axxess that makes one, and it's not expensive.

I put my aftermarket mic in the same place as the factory mic: under the center channel speaker cover right in the middle of the dash.

Definitely replace the factory speakers, as they're absolute junk.

Don't worry about the extra wires. So long as everything is working, you'll be fine.

If you're using the factory reverse camera, you'll need to get a voltage converter. I think it's Axxess that makes one, and it's not expensive.

I put my aftermarket mic in the same place as the factory mic: under the center channel speaker cover right in the middle of the dash.

Definitely replace the factory speakers, as they're absolute junk.
Thank you.

Seems I was not thinking and I have wired the speaker outs to high level stereo output. (there is a reason the plugs were on there.) So now putting the plugs back on to be able to have volume above level 5... (We like a learning process)

Reverse Camera: Axxess looks it like it is US orientated, I presume a generic UK product would work the same? (DC Voltage Converter Regulator - 12V to 6V Step Down Adaptor for Factory Backup Cameras)

Mic - will follow what's here already so should be easy enough

Speakers: Yes, they are junk, but at least the subs in the door are glued back together for now. I will replace later but think that will mean getting rid of the amp also as of the way bose works.

Back