09 CX-7 Impressions

clivo360

Yesterday, I posted my quick impressions in the "any 09 info?" thread. My lease was up on my 07 model, so yesterday I brought it back in favor of a black on black 09 GT. I will focus on what is new or different from the older models. There are many small things they added to make the car much nicer.

The turn signal mirrors add a touch of class and the new shinier wheels look great also. Bluetooth is extremely easy to use since they added 2 buttons for it on the steering wheel. The voice recognition is amazingly accurate, without any training. The aux-in works great as this was the feature i wanted the most in my 07. To my surprise, the car also came with sirius already installed. With the free 3 month trial i decided to activate it too. In addition to the rest of the tech package, this is now one great tech car.

One nice touch is they added a rubberized surface underneath the center stack so your items won't slide around. If you want, I can upload some pics. Oh, and the fog lights have a chrome-like trim which helps balance the car out well.

Last edited:
does the aux-in look to be an upgradeable option from the 08? or is it completely buried in there? i have yet to see a pic of where it even is...

does the aux-in look to be an upgradeable option from the 08? or is it completely buried in there? i have yet to see a pic of where it even is...

It's inside the center console.

In Canada the Sirius comes with 6 months free.

Yeah, the aux-in is just to the left of the power outlet in the center console. It is such a simple thing, you'd imagine they would easily be able to retrofit it into the older models, but i doubt they will allow the option to do so. The headunit is the exact same but the nav software seems slightly upgraded. Bass is definitely deeper, but it looks like the same Bose surround system as before (maybe just new/tweaked subs). Bluetooth is actually really useful and something I will use often in this car. I'll up some photos later.

It's funny, there's still not even a mention of the 09 model on the Mazda website.

Last edited:
I checked and you'd have to replace or modify the bezel to mount the AUX plug, and then wire it yourself. There is no wiring sold separately to wire the adapter to the back of the radio, it's part of the entire dash harness.

If you would have read back a few posts, you'd realize i have an 09 model which comes with an aux-in from the factory.

Some pics I found the other day. While subtle exterior changes, I see European style fog lights, mirrors with signal lights and polished? wheels (I think (scratch))

2009-Mazda-CX-7-side.jpg

2009-Mazda-CX-7-7.jpg

2009-Mazda-CX-7.jpg

Never heard of the site before, but more pics here...
http://www.autospectator.com/cars/models/2009-mazda-cx-7

Mod, if the pics have been already posted in a different place, please delete at will :)

Back