06 Mazdaspeed 6 CLUTCH

RsxtypeS

I just traded in my 03 rsx type s for an 06 mazdaspeed 6. I love the car, but in this last week I notices that my clutch releases very high. This makes it hard to start driving out of first gear. I bought the car brand new, with like 400 miles on it and the clutch was very hard to get used to. Now I got the hang of it, but it seems like the release point is just high on it and it makes it a pain in the Ass to drive. Anyone else have this, or should I have the dealer take a look. Kinda blows if somthing is wrong.

ps. I dont notice any slipping or problems other then that. Oh and yes i know how to drive stick, have been driving Acura's (integra/rsx s) for a long long time now.

i believe its just high on mine i would say its about half way. i do believe that the way it is

Thats how the clutch is on the speed6. Clutch release is high. Other members can attest to it.

JOMO said:
Thats how the clutch is on the speed6. Clutch release is high. Other members can attest to it.

yup, it just takes a little to get used to. there is a thread on the how-to section to adjust the clutch engagement point.

ya know my speed6's clutch feels VERY similiar to the cable clutch on my 79 2.3turbo mustang..its release is almost identical, so no gripe from me i like it

my B/F has a speed6 and he did somethin to the clutch to get it lower i think i will have to ask him. he got directions from another fourm that hes a member of so i will see if he will give me the post and i will get it to u or he will he is outta town till sunday so itll prolly be monday or so till i can find out but will get back with u on it
i know it only took him like 10 mins to do and looked very simple to do so when he gets back i will see if he can post it for u

mine was like that too the first couple of weeks, big change from my ld car, a bit anoying to drive at first,...

Go to the how to section. There is a thread on adjusting the clutch. Its really easy to do and makes a huge difference.

RsxtypeS said:
I just traded in my 03 rsx type s for an 06 mazdaspeed 6. I love the car, but in this last week I notices that my clutch releases very high. This makes it hard to start driving out of first gear. I bought the car brand new, with like 400 miles on it and the clutch was very hard to get used to. Now I got the hang of it, but it seems like the release point is just high on it and it makes it a pain in the Ass to drive. Anyone else have this, or should I have the dealer take a look. Kinda blows if somthing is wrong.

ps. I dont notice any slipping or problems other then that. Oh and yes i know how to drive stick, have been driving Acura's (integra/rsx s) for a long long time now.

I bought my speed6 in May. The clutch is a definetly hard to learn - sometimes going into first gear you can overrev pretty easily. Overall I haven't had any problems. anyway, In my opinion I dont think anything is wrong with your clutch.

Yeah, this is a constant aggrevation for me and I need to do the adjustment on it to fix the problem.
Thanks to the guy that originally came up with the fix for it.

I have a question. I don't normally pull away drag style but when I do, my clutch smells real bad. Do you think this is just because it's new? So far I have clocked 3700 miles on her.

Lee123 said:
I have a question. I don't normally pull away drag style but when I do, my clutch smells real bad. Do you think this is just because it's new? So far I have clocked 3700 miles on her.

If your car has 3700 miles on her and you're pulling away drag style, I'd say you have bigger problems that burning up your clutch. Stop beating on it.

Actually I have only done this about 4 maybe 5 times. The clutch started to smell just backing up on my driveway...wasn't sure if this was normal or not...

Lee123 said:
Actually I have only done this about 4 maybe 5 times. The clutch started to smell just backing up on my driveway...wasn't sure if this was normal or not...

If you turn DSC off, you shouldn't get that smell. I think it's a fight between the clutch and DSC.

only problem i find with the clutch is that the pedal makes me feel like i am burning the clutch. im too used to manual cars with cables that the higher the pedal grabs the thinner and thinner your clutch is getting.

yeah i get that too sometimes. I think the clutch in general sucks and mazda knows it too.

A few months ago I was having problems with second gear( yes I can drive stick) I took it in and they said my clutch was burnt to a crisp ( I think they were exagerating). Mind you, I only drive this car on weekends and have a total of 3,000 miles on it. The reason I know they know the clutch sucks is cuz they covered it under warranty when the clutch isnt covered. Furthermore, I asked the mechanic what am I doin wrong, he said you may of held it in gear to long!! What kinda crap is that, its a speed and I never even raced it.

But I still love my car and drive it everyweekend withotu any real problems. But I do get the smell once in a while when I garage it on sundays.

Back