04 MZ3 Build Thread. 180-190whp...

well intake manifold is an option thats for sure. as far as cams go.. if i find a set for not that much money ill consider it big time :D

hmmm what cam would you guys recommend ? i was thinking about crower regrind @ 270F... could be too aggressive for idle... maybe like a 255F ??

i mean i dont want to have idle issues.. you know.
i dont want to soak the engine in AFR's of 12's on idle to keep the car running you know...
so i might stick with 255... ill see.. i need to find a stock set of cams for now :)

a lumpy idle is a clear giveaway to your opponent that you're extensively modified. i always felt stealth was more your thing, lucas.

i mean i dont want to have idle issues.. you know.
i dont want to soak the engine in AFR's of 12's on idle to keep the car running you know...
so i might stick with 255... ill see.. i need to find a stock set of cams for now :)

is there anything off hte shelf in the cosworth catalog you could use?

Yes, Ken. Stealth is my thing.. plus 270 cams are a little too much, considering stock ones are 220's....
i still cant find a stock set of cams, and when i do. super weird price... ill keep on looking :D
and there is nothing i can really use off the shelf, since it wont work. Focus 2.3 block + head are slightly different then mazda..

they are different... they use different cam gears.. and different amount of cam teeth for proper timing, as far as im concerned

one local tried installing cosworth cams ,and he had to cut them and regrind/reweld etc.. dont know exact details, but i spoke with him on one of the shows

Are we talking the current 2.3? Are they really that different? Shame... most everything below the valvetrain will swap.

Maybe stock cams from the new MZR 2.5 will work?

Latest posts

Back