04 MZ3 Build Thread. 180-190whp...

lol 0.34 knock retard is nothing....
as far as AFR its perfectly fine for the car..... lol for NA

you do understand that NA AFR's are different then Boosted AFR ??
NA loves to be at 13.0-13.5 makes more power that way..
i decided to go richer... 12.5-12.8 to get some more timing, and get more torque..
lol

btw.. u did realize what u said right ?
and yes.. i am monitoring knock retard... im getting 0.34 lol (aka road noise)

Ahh grasshoppa you me be correct, I know about the speed3 maybe its different for N/A. (thought)

Yeah I agree .34 kr is no biggie. Hey have you ever considerd getting methenol injection since your advancing timing? I have it for my turbo and I love it.
no reason to get it on stock compression... if i went to 11.1 pistons then idk.. idk about methanol on NA cars...
all i want is all motor around 200 whp and ill be happy :)

I still like to see someone convert their 2.3 motors to the JDM version that has higher compression, just like the 06-08 mazda6 2.3s ;)

Naturally aspirated/stock compression: With naturally aspirated engines with less than 10:1 compression, water/methanol is used typically in warm climates to get the intake temps back to 60f. Benefits include: 10-15 HP increases from air density increases and full timing, Increased gas mileage, and carbon free combustion chambers. Activation is by a throttle switch adjusted for onset engine load. With this application, the nozzle is sized so that no more than 10% of total fuel consumption at peak flywheel HP is injected.

i can see how ur confused, cause your confusing me.

basicly if you aint running High compression, or a v8, or turbo, its somewhat pointless....although the cooling effect can be beneficial for intake temps....

i can see how ur confused, cause your confusing me.

basicly if you aint running High compression, or a v8, or turbo, its somewhat pointless....although the cooling effect can be beneficial for intake temps....

Increased ignition advance, leaner fuel mixtures. Etc.

Back