03 Protege ES Fuel Filter Location?

ki.forum

:
2003 Mazda Protege ES
My mechanic is suspecting a water inside my fuel system causing hardship when starting the vehicle in cold morning. So I removed the fuel pump assembly and siphon the fuel from the gas tank. Next is I went to Canadian Tire and asked for a fuel filter for 2003 Mazda Protege 2.0L and gave me this:

IMG_20140519_113825.jpg

IMG_20140519_113838.jpg

I searched up the forum and Google where the location of the fuel filter and found no results. Is this the right fuel filter? If so, where can I find it? Can water get stuck in the fuel line between the fuel pump and the injectors?

Ignore the banana peel (sadbanana)

99-03 lx, dx,es,speed,and 5 dont have a inline fuel filter. . The only fuel filter it has is a "strainer" or a "screen", which looks like a nylon mesh "sock". This strainer is connected to the fuel pump, located in the gas tank. Although this fuel strainer does not require periodic replacement, it is recommended that it be changed if you are replacing the fuel pump.

There are two fuel filters: one is the sock/strainer and the second is built into the fuel pump housing.

The high pressure filter is the black plastic housing your fuel pump sits in. The strainer is attached to this as well. The housing is a one piece design w/ the filter inside of it. You would need to replace the entire housing to replace the filter. Its approx $40 on RockAuto.com by Beck/Arnely. I wouldnt replace it unless your fuel pump goes out. Just my two cents.

Back