02 pro 2.0 5speed header

homme808

:
2002 protege es
Looking for a header to install on my pro. Suggestion on where to find one? I found one on amazon for about $80. Any where else I should look?

Auto Dynasty HDSMP01 High Performance 4-1 Design Stainless Steel Exhaust Header Kit

That's the one from amazon.

that's most likely a no name china made header. Sometimes they fit fine, sometimes they dont. the most common one members go with is an OBX

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

i'd also make sure your front and rear motor mounts arent broken. broken mounts will crack your header

Front and rear mounts are solid mounts. Will that effect the header? And what gains if any will be made? Or will it just be a sound upgrade?

That headers design isnt that great, I had it and switched it up to this

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

If you know a muffler shop nearby, you can adapt it easily, you only need them to cut the hangers and weld them backwards so they hang where theyre supposed to, and moving the first o2 sensor bung.... if you want, because it would be really close to the transmission. For example, mine was moved on top of the Y just before the flexible bit. The 4-2-1 design gives the car a nice torquey midrange instead of having to rev it up to the beejesus to feel a difference. Our cars only rev so little, so any mid range does them really good

That "KSpeed" header or whatever it is...Is simply a remake of the OBX Header. Of course this is my opinion but I looked them both over and in fact did purchase the "KSpeed" Header from Ebay about 2 years ago. It bolted up just fine, everything aligned right where it was supposed to and it really let the car breath. I did notice a slight increase in responsiveness, as far as actually HP gains I couldn't tell you. It did seem to gain a tad bit but I am not going to start guess. The ONLY REAL issue I found was the exhaust ram (I believe that is what it is called) hook up on the side of the header was slightly welded on a forward angle and made it impossible for me to hook up the stock exhaust ram. SO I capped it off and simply removed it from the intake of the vehicle. I spoke with a local performance shop and they said this was no real issue as the end that hooks into the intake usually gets carbon build up and fails to work after a certain period of time anyway.

Aside from that this headed(Kspeed header) has done its job and held together. For the price I don't think you can really beat it. Still clean looking and it is apparently real Stainless as well LOL since it hasn't rusted. I would recommend this product to anyone looking to save some money and still get the looks and performance out of it.

Back