2017 CX-9 i-Activsense doesn’t work

Hi! Sorry my english is bad 🤷. I have a cx9 2017 signature and the safety feature dont work , just the blind spot work , the other like High beam control and lane assist dont work and i dont have Any warning light, they are all a on in the settings, Anybody have a Idea if the problème, thank you ans have a Nice Day 😎😉

I'm not too familiar with High Beam Control as I don't use it, but from what I've read, your headlights have to be turned to AUTO on the headlight stalk, then you have to push the headlight stalk forward to turn on your high beams. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Lane keep assist will have an indicator on your heads up display, shown as 2 parallel lines. When you see those lines, it means that the system recognizes the lane markings and will warn you if you come too close to them. If you don't see the lines, the system isn't recognizing them, and this can be due to roadway conditions like faint markings, or maybe snow covering the lines, or even sunlight blinding the camera. Also keep in mind that the lane assist is not lane centering, meaning the car will not steer for you or keep you in the center of your lane. It only reminds you to maintain your lane, and nudges the steering wheel slightly when you come too close to a lane marking.

I'm not too familiar with High Beam Control as I don't use it, but from what I've read, your headlights have to be turned to AUTO on the headlight stalk, then you have to push the headlight stalk forward to turn on your high beams. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Lane keep assist will have an indicator on your heads up display, shown as 2 parallel lines. When you see those lines, it means that the system recognizes the lane markings and will warn you if you come too close to them. If you don't see the lines, the system isn't recognizing them, and this can be due to roadway conditions like faint markings, or maybe snow covering the lines, or even sunlight blinding the camera. Also keep in mind that the lane assist is not lane centering, meaning the car will not steer for you or keep you in the center of your lane. It only reminds you to maintain your lane, and nudges the steering wheel slightly when you come too close to a lane marking.

Thank you but I tried and it does not work, it is as if the front camera does not work but I do not have an error message and I do not see a fuse for the camera

Sorry for the long list of questions, just trying to better understand your situation:

Did it stop working or has it never worked ? Have you had the car since new or did you just recently purchase it ?

Usually there would be an error message if the camera wasn’t working.

When you push the light stalk forward to the high beam position. Do you see this symbol in the dash ?
1670692524441.png

How have you tested the auto high beam ? There are many conditions were they won’t turn on, like when following another car or when driving in a well lit area (ex: in a city). Did you try them on a dark road with no traffic ?

Also the high beam control system settings is under the « vehicle » category in the settings, not under safety. Make sure that it is turned on there.

Last edited:
Sorry for the long list of questions, just trying to better understand your situation:

Did it stop working or has it never worked ? Have you had the car since new or did you just recently purchase it ?

Usually there would be an error message if the camera wasn’t working.

When you push the light stalk forward to the high beam position. Do you see this symbol in the dash ?
View attachment 314596

How have you tested the auto high beam ? There are many conditions were they won’t turn on, like when following another car or when driving in a well lit area (ex: in a city). Did you try them on a dark road with no traffic ?

Also the high beam control system settings is under the « vehicle » category in the settings, not under safety. Make sure that it is turned on there

I've had the car for two weeks, and it has never worked, there are just the blind spots that work, and for the High beam the symbol as you show for High beam automatic does not light up, and the lights are on auto and high push and the setting option its all at on , thank 😉

So what happens when you push the stalk. Does the high beam turn on and stay on ?

How do they behave when you turn the High Beam Control Off ? Do they behave like normal high beam ? (For example, can you turn them on and can they stay on ? )

So what happens when you push the stalk. Does the high beam turn on and stay on ?

How do they behave when you turn the High Beam Control Off ? Do they behave like normal high beam ? (For example, can you turn them on and can they stay on ? )
yes I have high normal, I put them in manual

I tested it out yesterday in my 2018.

For the High Beam Control green symbol above to come up, headlights must be set to Auto and it has to be dark outside.

Basically during the day if i push the stalk forward to activate it during the day nothing happens. At night if i push the stalk forward the green symbol above appears (but only if the lights are on Auto).

If it does not do that for you i think we have ruled out operator errors. The only other advice at this point would to bring it to a dealer to see what is wrong with it. Normally when the camera is not working or obstructed there would be a warning in the dash.

The only other system other than high beam control and lane assist that use the camera is the traffic sign recognition system. If you have the navigation system installed and your camera is working, then you should see speed limit signs on your heads up display.

hi, i finally took my cx9 to the mazda dealer and they were never able to calibrate the camera, they are not sure if it is the camera or the windshield, the windshield has already been change by a FUYAO brand aftermarket, they say that the camera is rather rare, I read that if it is not an OEM windshield it sometimes poses a problem, Has anyone ever had a problem with an aftermarket windshield? so for now I will live with my problem .... thank

Ah yes, I believe that if your windshield is replaced, they do recommend recalibrating the camera system. This should be included in the cost of the windshield replacement. If your local Mazda dealer can't or won't do it, try a different dealer, and if they try to charge you for it, contact Mazda Corporate for assistance. Although, you should be prepared if Mazda refuses to help due to the brand of the replacement windshield (it may not be an authorized replacement, I'm not sure).

I'm not sure if you have a Safelite near you, but I believe they can recalibrate the camera system. They will likely charge you for it, though.

Any error messages on your information screen?
Any warning lights on the dash?
Maybe try unplug the battery overnight to reset?
Check all the fuses again?

no error message, and on the dashboard the lane assist button has no light, as if there is no power but I did not see a burnt fuse, unless there is I have a relay but I don't know which relay does what.....

Back