Questions about sound system on 2023 CX-5 with Preferred Trim

According to Pew, that's simply not true.

Quote: "The audience for terrestrial radio remains high, though there was a slight drop in 2020: In 2020, 83% of Americans ages 12 or older listened to terrestrial radio in a given week."

That 83% equals 264 million people that listen to terrestrial radio stations every week.
That article doesn't break it down by age. When I deliver a Mazda, it's very common for people under 40 to not have a favorite station or even know what any of the local stations are

You have to consider how theses percentages are gathered. Proportional to the human population Nielsen uses a small sample to estimate usage, for advertising purposes. They’re in the business of making people believe in advertising in media. Of course they’re going to publish that people use it and people might but it is just an educated guess.

According to Pew, that's simply not true.

Quote: "The audience for terrestrial radio remains high, though there was a slight drop in 2020: In 2020, 83% of Americans ages 12 or older listened to terrestrial radio in a given week."

That 83% equals 264 million people that listen to terrestrial radio stations every week.
That makes sense because there are so many places one could be exposed to radio.

When I am driving, I really try to listen to the radio. Really. But between the fact that they play the same 5 songs over and over again and the never-stopping ads, I can't stop myself from switching sources.

I tried SiriusXM too. I had a 3-month trial that I forgot to cancel so I got billed around $90 Canadian for another 3 months. When I called to cancel, they gave me extra 9 months for free (so it's ~$8 instead of $30 a month) It shows how much they try to keep you as a customer. No ads, but their music channels aren't any better than Apple Music/Spotify playlists (and they also play the same songs over and over again), and I can't skip songs. And even at $8 a month, it's still more expensive than the cheapest Apple Music plan.

So I just choose a playlist on Apple Music if I feel like listening to music, or choose a podcast if I don't. I do occasionally listen to Sirius or FM radio, but pretty much only if I am bored of my music. I assume technically I also belong to that 83% percent. Even if i didn't, a lot of shops, restaurants etc. still play a radio station as background music so I would still be a part of that majority.

The younger generation does not listen to radio. Hell I'm 44 and I never touch radio any more and haven't for a really long time. If I can't stream it, I don't listen to it. They're just following the trend.
not sure if that's true, and what about the older folks who do listen to radio. what about those of us who still have their CD collection? my understanding is these companies ran focus groups to see what people listen to etc. as i tell people, they never asked me. also, if you're going to do away with my CD drive, you better at least keep my radio. while i don't listen to AM radio, FM is my standby for when SiriusXM doesn't work, or when i let it cancel to get a better deal.

Back