Correct navigation SD card for 2022 CX5 2.5S Premium?

Does anyone know the correct Navigation SD Card for a 2022 Mazda CX-5 2.5 S Premium AWD?
There's so many out there but I want to make sure I buy the correct card that will work in my car.
Thanks in advance.

The “correct” card is the one sold at your Mazda dealer. Spendy though. The eBay cards are spotty, some folks have good luck with Brand C while the same card doesn’t work for others. Mazda apparently changes their security protocols periodically. I much prefer Apple CarPlay personally, better graphics and no need to update the nav. But I know some prefer the Mazda version, wish I had a better answer.

Upvote 0
A new one from Mazda will run you over $300. I picked one up off of amazon for $50. Works just as good.

Upvote 0
The “correct” card is the one sold at your Mazda dealer. Spendy though. The eBay cards are spotty, some folks have good luck with Brand C while the same card doesn’t work for others. Mazda apparently changes their security protocols periodically. I much prefer Apple CarPlay personally, better graphics and no need to update the nav. But I know some prefer the Mazda version, wish I had a better answer.
I have an Android but for whatever reason, it won't connect for navigation but will play the music on my phone to the car. This is why I asked this question. I wanted to just use navigation thru my phone but even at the dealership they can't figure it out.

Upvote 0
I have an Android but for whatever reason, it won't connect for navigation but will play the music on my phone to the car. This is why I asked this question. I wanted to just use navigation thru my phone but even at the dealership they can't figure it out.
Didn't the dealership at least try another card? Yours may have been corrupted.

Upvote 0
Didn't the dealership at least try another card? Yours may have been corrupted.
I didn't have a navigation card. They told me I could plug my phone in & it will connect to Google maps but it won't connect. It keeps saying poor connection but yet my phone will charge with no problem & I can play my music from my phone with no problem.
They told me to go to Verizon to see if an app was blocking but Verizon didn't want to deal with me & said to go to Best Buy & have a tech look at it. So if the tech has to go deep into it, it'll cost me plus I have to make another hour trip to Best Buy because of this.
Had I known all this would be an issue, I would have kept my 2018 CX-5 that had navigation.

Upvote 0
A $50 card from amazon sounds a whole lot easier and it's returnable if it doesn't work.

Actually, the price now is $40....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't have a navigation card. They told me I could plug my phone in & it will connect to Google maps but it won't connect. It keeps saying poor connection but yet my phone will charge with no problem & I can play my music from my phone with no problem.
They told me to go to Verizon to see if an app was blocking but Verizon didn't want to deal with me & said to go to Best Buy & have a tech look at it. So if the tech has to go deep into it, it'll cost me plus I have to make another hour trip to Best Buy because of this.
Had I known all this would be an issue, I would have kept my 2018 CX-5 that had navigation.
Took me awhile to figure this out on mine on my own. Like you, called Mazda and they couldn't help me. My phone was connected through Bluetooth and music would play on car speakers but couldn't use Google maps.

Here the phone needs to be physically connected by charging cord to the one particular port in the car...once connected to the correct port, it asks, "connect your android device" . Follow the prompts then you need to use the Mazda controls to access Google maps as your phone touchscreen won't work. Hope this helps. If that doesn't work, far beyond me.

Upvote 0
Took me awhile to figure this out on mine on my own. Like you, called Mazda and they couldn't help me. My phone was connected through Bluetooth and music would play on car speakers but couldn't use Google maps.

Here the phone needs to be physically connected by charging cord to the one particular port in the car...once connected to the correct port, it asks, "connect your android device" . Follow the prompts then you need to use the Mazda controls to access Google maps as your phone touchscreen won't work. Hope this helps. If that doesn't work, far beyond me.
Yes & no to if that helps lol
I did plug it into the port with cable & it still would say not connected but yet my phone was charging & music was playing.
Someone told me for the 1st initial setup was to put the parking brake on. I did try that but was still having issues.
I ended up going into my Apps which for whatever reason my Android Accessibility Suite was off. So I turned it on & went to Advanced Features & opened the Android Auto.
Surprisingly I got Google maps to work but the music wouldn't stay on. I got frustrated & shut off the car then came back to it after 15 min & everything worked...for the time being lol.
I like to keep navigation on so I can see the streets but it doesn't show the speed limit which I was use to. It did show speed limits if I put in an address.
I think I just prefer the navigation on Mazda over Google maps.

Upvote 0
As long as the card has the proper country code and card #, it should work.
TD2K 66 EZ1 for newer CX5 (including '22)
1658346231991.png

Upvote 0

84% 5 star ratings. I'd buy that without hesitation.
Yeah, but the 1 & 2 star reviews stated that it doesn't work. If you had a 16% of hitting the Lotto, how many tickets would you buy? I suppose I am somewhat concerned about the possibility of uploading some sort of virus from the Amazon/Ebay knock-offs too, (if that's even possible).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess I got lucky. I just did a Google search for 2022 Mazda sd navigation card and bought the first one that came up on Amazon. Works perfect.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but the 1 & 2 star reviews stated that it doesn't work. If you had a 16% of hitting the Lotto, how many tickets would you buy? I suppose I am somewhat concerned about the possibility of uploading some sort of virus from the Amazon/Ebay knock-offs too, (if that's even possible).

I would prefer ordering from Amazon compared to eBay as returns are easier.
CX-5 infotainment runs on Linux, so I assume you could scan the SD card on your computer first to see if there are any viruses.

Upvote 0
We just picked up our new '22 Premium and I ordered an Amazon nav card that arrives this week. Question - can I try to update the card before I ever put it in the car, or does the card need to be installed in the car before one can try to update it? I'm a bit nervous about malware on it - any free way to scan for that?

Upvote 0
We just picked up our new '22 Premium and I ordered an Amazon nav card that arrives this week. Question - can I try to update the card before I ever put it in the car, or does the card need to be installed in the car before one can try to update it? I'm a bit nervous about malware on it - any free way to scan for that?
You don't need to update the card, just put it in your computer and let your anti-virus scan it.
My system will ask if I want to scan the card as soon as I put it in the SD slot.

Upvote 0
You don't need to update the card, just put it in your computer and let your anti-virus scan it.
My system will ask if I want to scan the card as soon as I put it in the SD slot.
I’d like to make sure the card has the latest map updates which I doubt the card comes with.

Upvote 0
Back