What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Bought a nice badge, I know its not a Speed model, I just like it. Debating on where to put it once the rain stops in May. ;-)

medium.jpg

Put in a Travall Pet Barrier that cost an arm and a leg to get in from England but it seems perfect (no rattles, solid construction, way less obstructed rear view, doesn't touch the headliner or damage any contact points, leaves the most room possible in the back) compared to any other barrier. The dogs will finally get to ride in the new car.

Had this from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
It's going back now.

My LED DRLs came in the mail today and my tint is going on on Thursday. I'll post pics when everything is done. These are the DRL: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Chevy-Camaro-Mazda-CX-5-Toyota-Highlander-P13W-LED-p/sku-4y.htm

For the tint, I'm doing Suntek CXP Ceramic 20% all the way around, and 55% on the entire front windshield. This will be the first car I've ever had that didn't have 5% tint, but the 5% is getting hard to drive at night. Guess I'm just getting old. :)

Purchased a lubricheck for testing oil dilution on my deisel cx5 will be a better indication on when to change oil

Installed the OEM rear mud flaps. Cleaned out a bunch of rocks/grit when doing the install between the fender and the splash guard. The flaps should really help with that.

I've got the front mud flaps too but that's not happening today.

Got my tint done today, but they actually put the wrong film on the front two windows. It was supposed to be 20% Suntek CXP ceramic all the way around, and then same in 55% on the entire front windshield. They did the windshield and the rear just fine, but messed up and put 28% on the front two windows. I've already arranged to take it back to get it fixed. :)

ibvL3WIlAuYZOf.jpg

Hand washed the car and installed the front mud flaps.

...oh yeah, I'd do the rear mud flaps again. The front mud flaps are so small and inconsequential that I doubt they will have much use.

Last edited:
Last step in my long and tortured decision to lower my Sky Blue Touring.

After following the fortunes of others here for more than a year, I finally installed a set of H&R Sport springs on my '13 CX-5 over the weekend and had a four wheel alignment done this morning. Originally ordered the springs from THMotorsports as they seemed to have the best deal. Unfortunately, they don't stock the item and had to special order it from H&M (presumably in Germany, though I'm not sure about that). After missing their first projected delivery date (about two weeks after I placed the order), I canceled and placed the order with Tire Rack, which was actually cheaper ($260 all in) and they had it to me the next day!
The installation was pretty straightforward, the worst part being breaking the 17mm nut loose that holds the upper collar on at the top of the front shock. Best to have an offset end wrench and a good quality long-ish 6mm allen wrench to do this. I used Corksport's online instruction sheet, which was helpful except for the fact that the torque values they gave were all wrong (compared to the Mazda WSM). I emailed Corksport about this and they have made the necessary corrections to their instructions.
The alignment went pretty well with only the camber on the right rear remaining 1/10 of a degree out of spec. Would have liked to see more consistency from side to side, but it is what it is with now way to adjust anything but toe. Will keep an eye on that corner for tire wear and start rotating every 5k miles instead of the normal 7.5k.
So far, I'm really pleased with the net result. The car now looks (to my eye) "planted" (not slammed) on its suspension and so far I haven't noticed any degradation in ride quality. I'm sure one of these days I'll drive down a really crappy road and think to myself "there's that damned "dead coil" in the rear, but the CX-5 always seemed like it had a rather stiff-ish ride anyway, and so far it doesn't seem any worse. Side benefits: I can now reach the middle of the top when washing the car, the 17" wheels/tires fit the wheel wells better and the view through the windshield seems noticeably lower in traffic so I don't feel quite so much like I'm still driving my old Nissan pickup. Well worth the total investment of $325 I would say!

Attachments

• H&R#1.jpg
    H&R#1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 279
  • H&R#2.jpg
    H&R#2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
paris1 - Looks really good. Sounds like any ride deterioration is at the most only minor. Let us know your thoughts after a few hundred miles go by. You still have plenty of SUV-like height being well over 63 inches tall, higher than any station wagon or sedan for example.

btw-What tint did you use on 2 front?

paris1 - Looks really good. Sounds like any ride deterioration is at the most only minor. Let us know your thoughts after a few hundred miles go by. You still have plenty of SUV-like height being well over 63 inches tall, higher than any station wagon or sedan for example.

btw-What tint did you use on 2 front?
35%

Here's the finished tint now that the front 2 windows have been fixed after having the wrong % tint put on. It's 20% all the way around, even on top of the privacy glass. I also have 55% on the entire front windshield. It's all Suntek CXP ceramic film, and I love the way it came out.

ikKIAv1pczwQw.jpg

Got my first service for $15. First service special from dealer and got a free umbrella with the Mazda logo on it.
Now I just have to wait for it to finally rain in California to use it.

Here's the finished tint now that the front 2 windows have been fixed after having the wrong % tint put on. It's 20% all the way around, even on top of the privacy glass. I also have 55% on the entire front windshield. It's all Suntek CXP ceramic film, and I love the way it came out.

Looks good. Can you provide a shot of the front of the car, I want to see what the tint looks like from the outside. Thanks!

Back