2012 Mazda5 Rear Bumper Lip

jaynh

:
Mazda Mazda5 Touring 2012
I purchased the Bayson K-Style ABS Rear Bumper Lip from eBay and had it professionally painted and installed on my 2012 Mazda5 Touring.
Matches the factory side skirts and fits perfectly - it eliminates the original "high rear-end" look of the Mazda5.
While trial fitting before install, the lip fit snug and stayed on the bumper on it's own. The pro installer was impressed by the fit of the Bayson lip, no stretching or tweaking needed!
Here are some before and after pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_2446.JPG
    IMG_2446.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_2446a.JPG
    IMG_2446a.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2739.JPG
    IMG_2739.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2433.JPG
    IMG_2433.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2734.JPG
    IMG_2734.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
I have the chrome bumper lip on mine. This plastic one is probably better - the chrome is already scratched to bits.

looks much better! I also notice the rear fog lights, what's involved to get them on like yours? Thanks.

ah, i finally found this thread again. jaynh - is the lip installed with screws or double tape? Did you get both front and back painted and installed for $340? That's very good price, actually. Also, what muffler or tip do you have? Sorry for many questions, your car looks so good.

Thanks!
The lip came with screws and 2 brackets AND double-sided 3M tape! Used two screws on each side in the rear fender wells.
The 2 brackets (one each side) are screwed into the bottom of the lip and the bottom of the bumper lip.
Double sided 3M tape used along the whole upper edge that mates with the bumper.

$340 for just the back lip painted and installed and muffler tip welded on.
I didn't see any name on the muffler tip, the shop had a shelf full of different tip styles and I chose the one that matched the opening!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back