Side Light marker bulb replacement.

-Mario-

:
Mazda 5, 2006
I am try to dismantle my Side Marker Light bulb but without dismantling the wheel well. Would any one have instruction or a trick on how to access it.

My Plan is to drill out the burnt light and replace it with an LED.

-M-

it just pops out from the outside. i thought i saw the instructions in the owners manual...

From the workshop manual:
Turn light.JPG

PS: Anyone know how to insert a picture inline instead of an attachment?

the bulb looks like a 194

looks like it, but the bulb is actually not user replaceable. you need to replace the whole side-light. i'm thinking of getting a set of ebay that have a separate bulb holder.

damn that sucks

i would recommend using a hot knife to remove the old bulb assemble
then buy a t10 light socket and bulb and either splice into the body harness or use the old pins from the burnt light socket and solder them together with the new socket and shrink wrap it all

looks like it, but the bulb is actually not user replaceable. you need to replace the whole side-light. i'm thinking of getting a set of ebay that have a separate bulb holder.
Is this bc there's no way to access bulb (other than seperating the cover and silicone glueing it back) or is the bulb integrated (don't quite understand that)? If the bulb itself is replaceable, can't you just swap in a 194 LEd bulb? I don't understand the need for that since these are only blinkers and not parking lights, unless the OP intends to keep it lit or add color?

That is awesome. Thanks for the Info. I'll get back to you guys once I take my side light appart and replace/jimmy-right the bulb.

Mazda has the whole unit for $30. I refuse to pay that much money for a $2 bulb replacement. Time to heat gun or drill out the burnt bulb.

I am also working on a USB charger that can charge a Ipod.

Last edited:
I took the unit off the car and it is a sealed light assy. I will try to cut parts of it with my dremel tool at a later date and maybe reglue it with aquarium glue.

I'll attach pictures when I get a chance.

cheers.

Back