Stone chips?

v_tofu

Anyone have experience removing/fixing them? Followed a few threads, and it seems like touch up paint with wet sanding then buffing is the way to go.

Just wondering if anyone here has had any exp. actually doing it?

cheers,

All I can say is the front of my 5 is effing blasted. I just hit 40k and most of it is highway miles between Atlanta and Miami. I bought a Spec-V to leave in Miami so I won't be putting so many miles on it. I'm thinking the only fix for me is to have it painted and blended in. The bugs and road debris at 80+ MPH really does a number on the thing.

All I can say is the front of my 5 is effing blasted. I just hit 40k and most of it is highway miles between Atlanta and Miami. I bought a Spec-V to leave in Miami so I won't be putting so many miles on it. I'm thinking the only fix for me is to have it painted and blended in. The bugs and road debris at 80+ MPH really does a number on the thing.

i hear ya.

There is a product called langka, and it seems to be ok.. Obviously not as good as a repaint, but at about $40 its a ood substitute

Last edited:
For occasional long road trips, I don't see any reason not to use the bra.

But do remove it after use. Otherwise the bra itself can rub the skin
and cause blisters.

The mazda5 OEM bra seems to be easy to remove/install.

1. \here's the mazda5 bra.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=134495&d=1216004616

2. Here it shows what it accomplished.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=134496&d=1216004759

Thanks!!! Planning on doing a few camping trips and this would be perfect. Any chance you have a source/link for these (besides the stealerships?)

The interesting thing is it didn't look too bad until I had it detailed. The wax filled all the little pits and now there are a billion little white speckles on the front.... UGH!!!!

=======
" Does the hood portion of the bra flap around at highway speed? "
=======

The hood slips into the hood portion of the bra. Looked snug. But I did not take the chance. I used 2-inch painter's tape (you can get them in different colors these days) and applied it in some areas where the edge can flap and rub the paint. worked great. I had the roll of tape in the car. I ended up taping the remaining 'exposed' area of the grill.

It was a long trip ( to LA, around LA and back) so protection was higher priority.

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
=======
" Does the hood portion of the bra flap around at highway speed? "
=======

The hood slips into the hood portion of the bra. Looked snug. But I did not take the chance. I used 2-inch painter's tape (you can get them in different colors these days) and applied it in some areas where the edge can flap and rub the paint. worked great. I had the roll of tape in the car. I ended up taping the remaining 'exposed' area of the grill.

It was a long trip ( to LA, around LA and back) so protection was higher priority.

Did you get yours from the dealer? Or do they carry them at Canadian tire, parts source.. etc.?

Back