Painted Racing Harts

OrangePeel

:
03 MazdaSpeed Protege
I really dont like the racing harts but im stuck with them for a bit longer till i can afford some new wheels. Also mine are curbed to crap from the last owner so I really want to paint them to hold me over but I really cant decide on what color I want to go with so I need some help.

lets see some painted RACING HARTS

here is a pic of my RH's painted with Krylon paint from Autozone... rotors have been changed a while ago for those who probably notice their condition. That comes from sitting in storage for 15 months while I was in Iraq. Im thinking about getting my rims powdercoated now...black with an orange lip if possible

Attachments

• DSC04415.JPG
    DSC04415.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 349
painting then will probably make it harder for you to sell them in the future. believe it or not, most people like the stock racing harts to look exactly as they left the factory. i would leave well enough alone and just wait until you can actually afford the exact wheels you want.

here is a pic of my RH's painted with Krylon paint from Autozone... rotors have been changed a while ago for those who probably notice their condition. That comes from sitting in storage for 15 months while I was in Iraq. Im thinking about getting my rims powdercoated now...black with an orange lip if possible

Do it man.. would look hawt

i saw a guy with the red reflective ring. idk if he did it himself or if it came like that. do you know what material thats called. or what rims have it reflective?

3509320656_75b1c76664_b.jpg

3509320810_deef329182_b.jpg

Mine were repainted a custom color, I think they look good. And by the time they need to be repainted I'll probably go with another look.

Last edited:
I'm going to paint mine next month after they get sandblasted and fixed. They are all scuffed up from when the car was totaled. They are all scratched and look like s*** up close.

sick.
what all did you do to accomblish that look?
i.e sand, media blast, primer, was the tire on/off,

just sanded them down all the way, no blast,primer, tire was on the car. the plan is the eventually have them sprayed professionally, this was just suppose to be a "how it would look like", lol..

Oh and I used high temp. flat blk and 3 coats of high temp clear..
also if anyone is thinking of doing this themselves do not! use cheap paint/clear as youre wheels will look like crocodile skin lol.. use only high temp. products.

just sanded them down all the way, no blast,primer, tire was on the car. the plan is the eventually have them sprayed professionally, this was just suppose to be a "how it would look like", lol..

also if anyone is thinking of doing this themselves do not! use cheap paint/clear as youre wheels will look like crocodile skin lol.. use only high temp. products.

can you take a close up pic of the rim/lip, zoomed in some. . .

Do it man.. would look hawt

I really want to especially after seeing your rims, by the way, what kind of springs or coilovers do you have? I really need to lower my car. I hang out with a couple of boosted P5's and they are both lowered. It doesn't feel right driving with a huge gap..lol

I really want to especially after seeing your rims, by the way, what kind of springs or coilovers do you have? I really need to lower my car. I hang out with a couple of boosted P5's and they are both lowered. It doesn't feel right driving with a huge gap..lol

Lol.. Yea man I hate sitting up high, makes the ride look like a 4x4
imma b selling sum stuff on here pretty soon including my tein stechs springs
so keep an eye out on fs section

cool info thanks. might be doing the same, but with a dark purple lip.

well they look good in black. That was my first thought; black with an orange lip maybe. But its been done way to much for my liking. Dont get my wrong it looks really good but in my city every car has black wheels; probably because its the easiest color to go with. Has anyone done anything like blue, purple or green or something like that?

Back