Installed my catch can last week, checked it today and...

Hey guys,
I put on my catch can last week. I have driven maybe 150 miles cause I go about 30 miles round trip to work per day. I checked my catch can today, and bone dry, nothing in it. Shouldn't I have alittel something in it? I installed it per cobb instructions. Did I maybe do something wrong?

it typically takes a very long type for any type of visible buildup. you may notice that the hoses going to the catch tank feel like they have some residue in them, but 150 miles really is not enough to see any oil in the tank.

it typically takes a very long type for any type of visible buildup. you may notice that the hoses going to the catch tank feel like they have some residue in them, but 150 miles really is not enough to see any oil in the tank.

Cool, I just thought some of the other guys were filling theirs half way up in like a 2 week period. Maybe they were just driving more than me...

Also some catch cans have a little bit of a lip before the drain plug so it has to be up and over that lip for anything to come out of it..

But ya check it in another week and if still nothing extend the periods before checking until you know how long it takes to fill. If it never fills or the car idles a little funny maybe double check your lines and direction of the PCV valve

I have to empty my 18oz catch can every week.It's usually half full after a wk or 150mi .when it gets half full the smoke signals come back!!

Last edited:
I have to empty my 18oz catch can every week.It's usually half full after a wk or 150mi .when it gets half full the smoke signals come back!!

What? Jeeze replace the pcv ASAP. That is obviously stuck open.. How many miles are on the car? And how many miles have you been running like that?

Something is seriously wrong with your car. And when I say seriously wrong I am talking in like with blown piston rings or you are boosting the crank case.

I finally started getting some stuff in the catch can, but it's more of used motor oil looking stuff, and not beer looking stuff like your guys. It's still not much at all though. It's really dark just like a watered down used motor oil type consistancy.

I finally started getting some stuff in the catch can, but it's more of used motor oil looking stuff, and not beer looking stuff like your guys. It's still not much at all though. It's really dark just like a watered down used motor oil type consistancy.

that's the same stuff i get. awful gas smelling oil.

mine takes a bit to even get some out of it. I could probably go an oil change without it getting anywhere near full. if you drain it from the bottom like the Saikou Michi catch can's then keep in mind the liquid has to be above the barb that is inside the can. So the stuff you'll drain is the liquid above that part.

I've been researching catch cans and will be getting one soon. Is the weapon r catch can like the Saikou Michi catch can? And where do you get the directions for install? Thanks

I have a weapon r catch and it's pretty nice quality.when you install it make sure you use cobb tunings catch c install directions.they make the job very simple and the directions are easy to understand.don't use the hose given with the can!!!!it will collapse!! you will need 5/8 & 3/8 vacume resistant hose along with some 3/8 to 5/8 couplers,and a 5/8 to 5/8 coupler and hose clamps.good luck!!

thanks man, where do I get these hoses at? Lowes? Don't know why PG would send bad hoses that collapse on you. Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it. Did you mount yours on the passenger side, infront of the wheel well? I thinking about putting it there since the fmic and cai give me no room on the driver side. Thanks

Use hydraulic hose, available at any decent parts store. Very strong, built to take massive pressure and alot of heat. Total overkill but, why kill when you can over....

I just got a Saikou Michi OCC from a GB. Looking forward to installing it in a couple weeks. The kit that's installed in the pics is from the person who organized the GB and did all of the legwork on the mounting options and getting all of the hardware/parts together. I went with the one located below the SRI since I'm running the CP-e nano.

Attachments

• OCC.jpg
    OCC.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 177
  • occ2.jpg
    occ2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 176
  • occ3.jpg
    occ3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
It was pricey - $130. For me it was worth the money since I'm lazy and didn't want the hassle of getting all of the parts together and testing/routing everything before is could be mounted. And I like that it has a drain fitting. It's optional to drill a hole in the undershield to where you can drain it at any time. Almost like a Fumoto valve :)

I got my hose at advance auto. the 5/8 reinforced heater hose and the 3/8 is fuel line and it worked pretty good.it flexes but doesn't collapse.Yes,mine is on the passenger side behind the wheel well.to drain it I just remove the 3 screws on the inner front fender,you dont have to jack it up doing it that way..

Back