How much to cut? Sedan muffler on P5

ho bag

:
2007 Mazda5 GT
Well i got an awsome deal on a RB axleback but its from a sedan, I know its too long, How much do i need to cut off for it to fit right on my p5?

Does any one have any pics of the uncut muffler on a p5?

Last edited:
4-5 inches too long.......a muffler shop will probaly charge $20-30 to cut to the length you want.......

-R

ah, yes, the RB axle back. Basically, you're going to want to cut nearly all the pipe between the back of the tip and the can.

I figured as much, 5 inches removed would leave the tip about 1inch past the bumper which is where i want it. Ill see if a shop can cut it and weld it while its on the car.

Protege52003 said:
4-5 inches too long.......a muffler shop will probaly charge $20-30 to cut to the length you want.......

-R
Thats what I did.........and the price is about right.

Here's mine. We left just a bit of the pipe on as to create better stabilization.

rb_muffler.jpg

ho bag said:
Damm dude, thats harsh! Your suposed to leave the tip and cut the pipe, not cut the tip off. :D

but i guess if your in a hurry

Well he can go to any Pepboys/checker/Kragen/autozone and get a tip to bolt on.

It looks like an everyday exhaust pipe. When I fly by other tuners they always look at my exhaust and then squint to look harder like (huh) (uhm) :wtf: (hmm)

LOL its ok i got it cut, i split the difference bewteen the sedan and p5 length and i like it. Keeping it out a big further helps keep the drone away. Acutally i get ZERO drone and it looks very nice.

HPIM0651.JPG

HPIM0653.JPG

Last edited:
Back