How-To remove Flywheel bearing in the center?

lcruz64

:
03 MSP
Just want to make sure I don't damage anything before doing this.

Attachments

• HTFountaineBleau-125.jpg
    HTFountaineBleau-125.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 216
i had never done this, but a good aproach will be using a socket that fits nearly perfect to the outer edge of the bearing and banging it with a hammer, of course, being careful!

also, try putting some kind of penetrating oil or wd40 or soemthing....if it is for replacing, screwing the bearing wont' hurt...just becareful with the flywheel.

Are you planning on reusing the pilot bearing? As suggested knock it out with a socket and for a couple of $ you can replace it. Gently tap in new one with a rubber mallet if need be, must go in square.

I use a tool that fits it,but when I don't have one I just use a fitting socket.just make sure it fits the outer race of the bearing

lcruz64 said:
How about to put a new one in to a new flywheel any special tools for that?

I socket that fits the outer race will work more then fine.
on a lot of cases I will choose a socket over a pilot tool.

You only need the special tool if the flywheel is bolted on the crank still. A mallet and a socket will work fine. Don't forget the release bearing and lube the contact points and splines with moly grease and torque the flywheel bolts in the right pattern.

JDM Sam said:
You only need the special tool if the flywheel is bolted on the crank still. A mallet and a socket will work fine. Don't forget the release bearing and lube the contact points and splines with moly grease and torque the flywheel bolts in the right pattern.
Well MR MAN..We know you have all the info so give us the torque spec an tightening order...GIVE IT NOW!
boom07.gif

biggthumpup.gif

Like a star pattern when you tighten the lugs on your wheel. The bolt directly across from the one you just tightened. Specified Torque range is 70.9-75.9 ft lbs, so torque it to 75 ft lbs.

(sleep)

JDM Sam said:
Like a star pattern when you tighten the lugs on your wheel. The bolt directly across from the one you just tightened. Specified Torque range is 70.9-75.9 ft lbs, so torque it to 75 ft lbs.

(sleep)
Thanks...but that was more for everyones knowledge....I figured it was like a wheel....I also assume you should put a dot of loctite on eace flywheel to crank bolt as well?

What do you guys think about this?

Attachments

• DSC00019.jpg
    DSC00019.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    543.2 KB · Views: 122
Back