Simple, customizable trunk storage

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
Lots of threads - "hey, look at my cool storage idea" Let's not over think it. Pick your container, pick you bungee and Bammo find what's right for you.

PXL_20210221_155020587.jpg
PXL_20210221_155110957.jpg

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
My 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagon (which was involved in the Diesel Gate scandal and was purchased back from me by VW. I used that cash to buy our CX-5) came with a cargo management system called Cargo Blocks and Monster Mat.

Here are the blocks at Amazon.

Amazon.com: Multipurpose Cargo Organizer Blocks Car Trunk Storage Organizer Blocks, Available to Wool Trunk's Carpet for Car/Truck/SUV/Van, Set of 4: Automotive

And here's the blocks and the mat.

2005-2017 Volkswagen Heavy Duty Trunk Liner With Cargo Blocks 3C5-061-166-469 | VW Direct Auto Parts

Before I sold the Jetta back to VW I removed the mat and the blocks. The mat fit almost perfectly in the back of the CX-5, with a small adjustment. The blocks stick to the mat with Velcro and work great!

:
2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve
Before I sold the Jetta back to VW I removed the mat and the blocks. The mat fit almost perfectly in the back of the CX-5, with a small adjustment. The blocks stick to the mat with Velcro and work great!
I did the same. The Diesel Gate buyback was too much to refuse. I also still have the mat & blocks. I had a 2011 TDI hatchback & I never thought to see if it was useable in the CX-5 with some tweaks.

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
I did them same. The Diesel Gate buyback was too much to refuse. I also still have the mat & blocks. I had a 2011 TDI hatchback & I never thought to see if it was useable in the CX-5 with some tweaks.

I had to trim a bit of the mat, right where the back seat folds. It's hard to tell that it's been trimmed unless you're looking for it. Other than that it's a great fit.

:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 White
Nice! Better and cheaper than my $22 solution after the 10% coupon. I used the supplied straps to secure the container on the passenger side with the hook near the wheel well and the hook near the trunk lid opening. So far I have not really had a chance to use it.

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
More often than I should admit I accelerate and corner like an idiot so I definitely should have any container strapped down.

:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 White
@hal2 - is that a clear cargo cover in the first pic? Where did you get that?
Unlikely, just the standard OEM retractable cargo cover which has a screen or netlike feature that extends out when trunk is opened. Saves weight space and does not create a solid barrier between the passenger compartment and trunk.

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
Yes, original Mazda cargo cover. That screen portion is only about 8 in deep, and retracts into the roll up when closed, so it is a solid cover over the cargo area when the trunk is closed

Latest posts