New CX-5 questions

Hi All, I just purchased a 2019 CX-5 sport and had a couple questions.
1. I notice that after driving and stopping and putting it in Park, when I take off my seat belt I feel a rumble in the seat. It's very slight but I don't remember that happening when i first go it. I think it's a warning but isn't it usually a beeping noise for removing seat belts?
2. Does anyone notice a jerkyness in accelerating at low speeds?
3. Is the CD recall for ALL 2018 - 2019 2.5L CX-5s?

So far I am loving it. The jerky acceleration is a bit annoying but it kind of feels like driving a manual transmission. If I give it a good amount of gas I don't really feel it (I hope that explains it well enough).

Thanks,
Matt

Call Mazda customer service and give them your VIN, they can tell you if yours is included or it it's already been done by the dealer. They can also subscribe you so you can be alerted by NHTSA email if there is an active recall.

There are several threads regarding the jerkiness. You might find them in the engine section.

The jerkiness issue, as I've found out, is common. I own a 2018 and experience the same. Sometimes it's not bad, sometimes, it is, it doesn't happen all the time for me, and it might be lessening over time, either that or I'm becoming accustomed to it and driving differently to avoid it.

Thank you for the replies. If I go to the NHTSA and the mazda website and search by my VIN, I get 0 recalls for my Cx-5 so I think I'm good there. I do hope the jerky transmission gets better, it is a bit annoying. For the seat belt thing, does anyone else get the rumble when you take off the seat belt? I noticed that if the car is still running and I take it off it does not rumble. If I park, turn the car off then take the seat belt off, then I get the slight rumble in the seat.

So no one else has this vibration in the seat when taking the seat belt off? Yes this is my way to bump my thread because I'm impatient :)

So no one else has this vibration in the seat when taking the seat belt off? Yes this is my way to bump my thread because I'm impatient :)

Could it be the parking brake auto activating when you unclick your seatbelt?

Could it be the parking brake auto activating when you unclick your seatbelt?

If you use autohold, that is exactly when the brake activates automatically. If you do use it, turn autohold off before you release your seatbelt and see if the noise still occurs.

But to answer your question, I've never experienced what you're describing.

OH, I was messing with those buttons the other day. I might have set it by mistake. I'll check that out...thank you very much!!!!

OH, I was messing with those buttons the other day. I might have set it by mistake. I'll check that out...thank you very much!!!!

It defaults to OFF, so if you don't turn it on, it's not on. :)

I have a 2018 sport trim. I never experienced the vibrating seat. If you delay for a minute or two and then unbuckle does it still vibrate?

I have a 2018 sport trim. I never experienced the vibrating seat. If you delay for a minute or two and then unbuckle does it still vibrate?

It now seems hit or miss and less vibration. It's really strange. I'm thinking of restoring the Info system to factory settings and see if that does anything. I checked the Auto Hold and it's not on and the parking brake isn't engaging. Driving me nuts :)

SO, something else happened with the seat belt. I was parked with the car on messing with the Info system. Turned the car off then thought, I wonder what happens if I put my seat belt on now. I didn't even connect it all the way and the seat vibrated. So strange.

SO, something else happened with the seat belt. I was parked with the car on messing with the Info system. Turned the car off then thought, I wonder what happens if I put my seat belt on now. I didn't even connect it all the way and the seat vibrated. So strange.

Very bizarre!

You must be beta testing the new "Massaging Fingers" seat, part of the new push for luxury.

LOL, yes all pets are present and accounted for :) . If that's a new luxury feature then it fails...I want a full back massage if that's the case :). I contacted my sales rep to see if there is something causing it. It's not bad and only happens sometimes, but if something is happening in my car I want to know why. My guess is I am doing a set of events that triggers it, I'm just not sure what they are.

My guess is I am doing a set of events that triggers it, I'm just not sure what they are.

I think our curiosity is as much about the mechanism that's actually vibrating the seat as it is the sequence of events triggering the vibration, although one certainly leads to the other. It's just so odd.

Regarding the jerkiness, there are a lot of owners who report low levels of transmission fluid from the factory. I may be off base on this being a causal issue, since so few here raise it when this topic is being discussed. But there's no reason to not check it. It is a bit complicated to do so in these cars, but it would be the first thing I'd do if I had transmission problems.

Here's a link to a thread discussing the procedure.

SO, this should be pretty funny. The wife and I were trying to troubleshoot this over the weekend. I would go in reverse, then forward, turn off the car, then release the seat belt. Still happening. So we try it again. This time I look down as she unbuckles and I notice that the connector for the seat belt is shaking. So I give mine a flick, and sure enough the entire seat feels like it is vibrating. So the whole time it was just that stupid seat belt connector :). Glad it is solved, was driving me nuts. Thank you all for your responses.

Thanks,
Matt

That's pretty funny.

You're now a Muh-can-ick.

On a slightly related note, I was on the highway Saturday and there was an annoying rattle I'd never heard before. "Crap," I thought. "It's starting."

It ended up being the plastic insert in the passenger seat belt connector, loose inside the housing.

This must be Stupid Seat Belt Issues week.

Back