NB MX-5 Joining the forum and sharing my Miata

See some great looking Miatas on here! New to the forums (already posted over on the CX5 side) and Antoine suggested to post over here too with my MSM.

20200314_130009.jpg
20200314_130000.jpg

Done - vmaxx suspension, FM 3" full exhaust, FM intake, 3071r turbo on FM header, FM intercooler, hydra ems (fun stuff like launch control and flat shifting enabled), 1000cc ID injectors, built up engine (forged rods, wiseco pistions , oversized vales, arp studs, lowered compression a tad, couple other bits too), some others things here and there.

In box waiting - FM stage 2 fan kit (waiting on the cross flow radiators to get back in stock), set of higher gears for the rear end, but not sure if I am going to end up installing them.

planning - I think the big fuel kit might be next if anything as I have a few e85 stations around me.

Oh snap...Those are some serious mods! Have you had it dynoed? Do you have any Before/After mod lap times etc?

Welcome!

I agree with Antoine, a very nice list of mods. Great job on adding the "speed" to Mazdaspeed. :D

Other than the oil filter relocation, coolant reroute, vent to atmosphere bov, sri and a wee bigger turbo it still looks stock :) Need to grind clean the intake pipe where the bov was wielded to and re-powder coat it one of these days.
engine.jpg

Love it...How about some numbers? :) Hp/Tq? How is the chassis handling the extra power? Upgraded brakes? Run reasonably cool?

Have not done a dyno tune, so dont have any paper hp/tq numbers. Only did log tuning after the build with some help from FM reviewing the logging. Was going to do a dyno tune after getting the big fuel kit and also the big spark kit (forgot about that on the want list) as I blow the spark out over 23psi. Chassis seems happy with it, cant remember if it was just the MSM that came with the frame brace and that helps alot. The MSM did have different fans and radiator over the non MSM models. Never had a cooling issue other than the stock radiator now leaking and waiting on the FM crossflows to be back in stock as a MSM radiator is not that much cheaper. I have done the temp gauge mod to have a linear gauge over a cold, normal, hot gauge. I also used one of the unused outs on the Hydra to use as a led that stays on until it reaches operating temp. Then took another unused for another led that if both light up I am over heating. Those only came on together while I was testing at lower temps to verify it worked. Biggest issue I have is with the 4.10 rear end and my build is 1st, 2nd and 3rd can cost me a lot in rear tire tread. But at the same time it can be fun to when at a place to do so. I could never get the hydra to work well with dynamic boost so I set it up where I have the electric boost controller hard set at a limit of 12psi and if I turn it off it then goes through the manual boost controller set at 21psi (2 psi below blowing out the spark where everything seemed happy). Pretty much a normal and "hang on" switch.

Awesome response, thank you! Please keep us updated on your MSM if possible...I'll definitely be following along..👍

Back