Hey Y’all!

:
'13 Mazda 5 Sport
New to this forum and new to Mazda.

I just bought a 2013 Mazda5 with 90k on the clock. Bought it because my wife is pregnant with our first child. So I needed something family friendly with a hint of sportiness to it.

My plans for the 5???? I’m thinking plasti-dipping the wheels. Short ram intake from CorkSport. Then maybe a glasspack with stubby Bosozuko pipes coming out the back.

So I’m just going to be lurking around absorbing as much as I can.

Attachments

• 6FBDC906-5B3C-4EE9-A74A-964C33678645.jpeg
    6FBDC906-5B3C-4EE9-A74A-964C33678645.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 101
Welcome @Bigpat27 Thanks for joining up, you’ve come to the right place. Keep us updated with your mods if you can and enjoy the Forums! 😁

If the shocks and struts are original, you're going to be needing those replaced soon. I just got my second Mazda and those things go bad like clockwork at 100k.

Putting in the beefier Mazda rear sway bar is a solid cheap upgrade when you do the rear shocks. My son remarked how much better it handled. He has no clue what a sway bar is.

Other than that...good solid used cars. I hope mine gets my son through college.

Skip that air intake though. They're pointless on a Mazda 5.

If the shocks and struts are original, you're going to be needing those replaced soon. I just got my second Mazda and those things go bad like clockwork at 100k.

Putting in the beefier Mazda rear sway bar is a solid cheap upgrade when you do the rear shocks. My son remarked how much better it handled. He has no clue what a sway bar is.

Other than that...good solid used cars. I hope mine gets my son through college.

Skip that air intake though. They're pointless on a Mazda 5.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely need to look into new shocks and struts soon.

If you’re doing rear end work maybe try looking into helper air bags in the rear springs, or like what I did in putting CX-7 lowering springs in the rear. The stock suspension doesn’t do great when filled with people/stuff, so I was looking to get a little more support when loaded up.

Bear in mind Mazda’s have enough negative camber in the rear end they will chew up tires. Make sure to rotate frequently, and if you have asymmetrical tires (can rotate either direction vs. a fixed left or right tire) then incorporate swapping the rears to the opposite side on the front,and the fronts straight back. It will do worlds for the tire wear on the car.

If you’re doing rear end work maybe try looking into helper air bags in the rear springs, or like what I did in putting CX-7 lowering springs in the rear. The stock suspension doesn’t do great when filled with people/stuff, so I was looking to get a little more support when loaded up.

Bear in mind Mazda’s have enough negative camber in the rear end they will chew up tires. Make sure to rotate frequently, and if you have asymmetrical tires (can rotate either direction vs. a fixed left or right tire) then incorporate swapping the rears to the opposite side on the front,and the fronts straight back. It will do worlds for the tire wear on the car.

If the tire wear gets to be too much, you may also want to consider some adjustable upper control arms for the rear. They'll allow you to get that rear camber closer to 0. Did this two years ago and have been very pleased with the wear (or lack thereof) in the tread on the rears!

Back