Disappointments / missing things in your CX-5?

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
6 gears is fine. Many cars with 8 gears have problems searching for the right gear and don't drive as smoothly

:
2019 CX-5 GT
This may be the single reason I won't be buying a CX-5. I'd love a 2020 AWD turbo but the fuel economy rating is only slightly higher than my 2006 CRV. Seriously, in 15 years, the best we've been able to do is 4 mpg??? With the competition introducing hybrids (CRV, RAV4) or plug-in hybrids (RAV4) my conscience prevents me from pulling the trigger on something I might be driving well into 2030.
So you are comparing a 2.5l turbo with 250hp to a NA 2.4l with 156hp and think the Mazda should be able to kill it on fuel consumption? Seriously?

:
Ottawa, Ontario
:
17 Mazda 6 GT
6 gears is fine. Many cars with 8 gears have problems searching for the right gear and don't drive as smoothly
I've seen this mentioned more than once in car magazines and articles where road tests/reviews are being done on vehicles with 8, 9 or even 10 speed transmissions.
And why ten speed transmissions? I can't believe they'd even make those. Pretty much overkill there in my humble opinion.
Might as well have a CVT if you want a ten speed. Probably not much different.

Off topic for a second, but this brings me to another point about CVT's: Almost all manufacturers that use them try to program fake shift points, to mimic a conventuonal auto transmission. They even advertise it. Why? Because nobody actually wants a whiny droning transmission that came from a snowmobile.
If it "shifts" like a real transmission, then manufacturers hope people will hate them less.

I'm personally very happy with Mazda's six speed transmission, and I hope they don't go the CVT or 9 speed tranny route.

Cheers.

:
Houston
:
'20 CX5 GT
My observations after owning my '20 GT for just a couple of day.

1) Seat bottoms are too short. I feel like my legs don't get enough support compared to other cars I've had. They could have at least added a manual extender.
2) Center armrest is too far back. It should have the ability to slide forward.

I will update as I find more lol

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
That’s software programming issue, not the 8-speed transmission itself. The programming on shifting has been gradually improved. It gives you a bit better MPG. I’d prefer an 8-speed transmission over cylinder deactivation anytime for fuel economy purpose.

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
No cargo cover as standard equipment. C’mon Mazda, I’m not paying $200 for something that was provided for free in the 2010 Mazda 3 hatchbacks.

:
Pueblo county CO
:
CX-5 Sport 16.5 6M
I have no use for a cargo cover. My Accord wagon came with one but it ended up in the attic.

:
Southeast MA
:
2019 CX-5 GT W/GT
One thing I would like is a better clock/time display! There is so much room on the front dash, above the A/C controls for it. It's even worse when you use Android Auto with waze its this tiny display in the left side of the display screen.

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
I wish it had a heated steering wheel. :D
It does.
But that's like saying you wish it had Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink®...

It also has a Turbo and a 360 camera. Just need to get the higher trim

:
2019 CX-5 GT
No cargo cover as standard equipment. C’mon Mazda, I’m not paying $200 for something that was provided for free in the 2010 Mazda 3 hatchbacks.
Seems to be pretty common these days. Our top of the line Acura RDX Advance didn't come with a cargo cover either. We had to pay for it as an accessory.

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
It does.
But that's like saying you wish it had Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink®...

It also has a Turbo and a 360 camera. Just need to get the higher trim
Yea, 4 months AFTER I bought mine... *Angry face*

(I was going for comedy, bro)

Latest posts