Cx9 - 100k recommended maintenance

Yetxing

Our 2011 CX9 has 95k miles on it.
Wanted to check with a few others and see if there is a list of recommended maintenance that should be performed on this vehicle at 100k miles. I figure it has to be less expensive to bundle these repairs and have them all done at the same time.

The only thing that has been performed to date is a drain infill on the transmission about 68K other than that, just recalls and warranty work...

Also, if youve had this kind of service done, what was the average cost. Thanks for any information...

It is always good to renew all fluids. They all deteriorate with time and usage. Brake fluid, power steering fluid, differential gear oil as well as the usual antifreeze and engine oil as well as ATF. I like to put a 1/2" in-line transmission filter on the return to the power steering reservoir--Magnefine or similar brand. I put the suitable size in-line transmission filter on the ATF line to the cooler. All hydraulic systems need clean fluid for longest life of the parts.

Our 2011 CX9 has 95k miles on it.
Wanted to check with a few others and see if there is a list of recommended maintenance that should be performed on this vehicle at 100k miles. I figure it has to be less expensive to bundle these repairs and have them all done at the same time.

The only thing that has been performed to date is a drain infill on the transmission about 68K other than that, just recalls and warranty work...

Also, if youve had this kind of service done, what was the average cost. Thanks for any information...

The owner's manual has a maintenance schedule. At a minimum, do what it says.

Some "bonus" items to consider:
1. Water pump replacement
2. Drain and refill transmission again.
3. If AWD, transfer case. I'm assuming your CX-9 isn't AWD because the transfer case would probably have blown up by now.

The owner's manual has a maintenance schedule. At a minimum, do what it says.

Some "bonus" items to consider:
1. Water pump replacement
2. Drain and refill transmission again.
3. If AWD, transfer case. I'm assuming your CX-9 isn't AWD because the transfer case would probably have blown up by now.
Which of the brands is the best water pump for a 2011 CX-9? Thank you very much.

Ruben Mendez

I don't know which brands are even available. I think the part is cheaper through the Ford system than the Mazda system, and I'd recommend using OEM.

Back