Off Topic Crazy weather!

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
According to my personal weather station...

Yesterdays high temp was 60f at 2:00pm with a low temp of 8f at 6:00am with a wind chill of 0 today!

Brrrrrrrr!!!!

Yes, just as crazy here in NE PA with the temp swings.

Christmas Eve was a restless night. Not just because of Santa but we got heavy rain overnight which melted almost all of the snow from last week's storm, 8". Ground was saturated and heard the pumps kick on a few times.

More craziness here!

Snow, ice, sleet, slush, more snow and freezing fog, with another layer of ice for good measure. a total of around 8" of snow with at least 5/8" of ice Then to top that all off, rime ice.

What's rime ice you may ask?

rime ice - Google Search

It's beautiful! But I have lots of trees in my yard and with that much ice, that much weight, I'm losing lots of limbs from the trees. There's several sitting on my roof but a ton of em in the yard! My poor trees!!!

When I was walking around the yard looking for damage I found a couple of spider webs that have somehow survived. They were covered in rime ice, gorgeous!

My neighbor had a large limb come down on her VW bug (not from my trees), taking out the rear window and putting a good sized dent in the rear pillar to boot.

Back