2016 Key fob questions

artm

:
2016 CX-5
For a 2016:

1. What fobs/keys would come with a new vehicle?

2. Does the original fob have a trunk release button, making it four buttons total? Or not, making it three?

3. if I have a no-trunk release fob, can I add a fob with a trunk release?

4. I'm seeing fobs with a red exclamation point on the "hold" key. Are these genuine Mazda fobs or not?

5. Opening a fob, does the genuine say made in Japan or Thailand?

For a 2016:

1. What fobs/keys would come with a new vehicle?

2. Does the original fob have a trunk release button, making it four buttons total? Or not, making it three?

3. if I have a no-trunk release fob, can I add a fob with a trunk release?

4. I'm seeing fobs with a red exclamation point on the "hold" key. Are these genuine Mazda fobs or not?

5. Opening a fob, does the genuine say made in Japan or Thailand?

1. 2 standard fobs
2. Yes
3. There is no such fob without trunk release
4. Genuine keys, the ! Is not red
5. Never opened a fob. Why?

1. 2 standard fobs
2. Yes
3. There is no such fob without trunk release
4. Genuine keys, the ! Is not red
5. Never opened a fob. Why?

1. I received one fob, not sure if it's genuine. .
2. mine has no trunk release. So, according to you, it's not genuine.
3. Here's what mine looks like:
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

So, it does exist and appears to be a genuine part.

4. mine is also not red.
5. The genuine Mazda fob in the link says "Made in Japan" on the package; don't know what it says inside a genuine fob, that's why I'm asking. Mine inside says Thailand.

OK, that's a genuine part number. Maybe the Sport aka low trim, didn't get a remote trunk button in the fob? Certainly possible.

I bought my 2016 CX-5 GT with tech package new. Came with two fobs neither of which have a trunk release button. The fob you bought looks EXACTLY like the two that came with my car

OK, that's a genuine part number. Maybe the Sport aka low trim, didn't get a remote trunk button in the fob? Certainly possible.

Fully loaded 16.5 here, no trunk release on either FOB. Lock, unlock, HOLD! Buttons only.

Btw, mine say Made in Thailand when popping the key out, and they are definitely genuine/straight from the dealer.

The car comes with 2 fobs new.

There is no trunk/hatch button, just lock, unlock and panic.

The hatch button will not work on the old models, as there was no automatic electric lift hatch on the CX-5 until they added it as an option to the 2017 and newer design.

2016 GT w/Tech here, bought new from dealer. 2 fobs included. 3 buttons,Unlock, Lock and Hold (with a silver !). Made in Thailand. Also labeled Mitsubishi Electric Corporation.

Latest posts

Back