Search results

1. S

Doing the brakes when you're old...

Well I made one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made for a while. I replaced the pads and rotors on all four wheels myself. I had an electric scissor jack and jacked one side and put jack stands at both ends. I did it so I could rotate the tires also. So I did a side at a time and got it all...
  2. S

2019 CX-5 Rear camera rain water issue

I had a 2016 and now have a 2019 and have noticed that the 16 rarely, if ever got wet when it rained and the 19 almost always has water when it rains obscuring the view. Anyone else have this problem and or has a fix for it?
  3. S

Replaced CX-5 OEM Toyo Tires

I replaced my Toyo A36 tires today with Sailun inspire tires. At 48000 miles the Toyos were getting noisy and close to the wear bars. The oem Toyos were ok and I'm glad to have gotten the mileage out of them I did. There's a big difference in the ride and noise with the new tires. Of course...
  4. S

Back up camera failed? 2019 CX-5 GT

Today my backup camera failed. All I saw when in reverse was a blank screen with an icon for settings in the upper left. I "clicked" on it and several settings came up but nothing seemed to work. I pushed the red window that said reset and nothing happened. This is a 2019 Grand Touring with @...
  5. S

Mazda Turbo Reliability

Does anyone have any info on how reliable the Mazda turbos are?
  6. S

CX-5 Battery Testing

I was told today by the people that changed my oil that my battery was weak. I know how to test it with a multi-meter while cranking the engine. The engine can not start while doing this test and I was wondering if I pull fuse 3 which is labeled injector eng.sub does this disable the injectors...
  7. S

CX-5 Whoop noise

I know this has been on here before but Occasionally I hear a noise best described as a whoop. It doesn't occur regularlyand my best guess is that something is venting. Does anyone have more information?
  8. S

Hydropneumatic Suspension

Citroen had this suspension and people loved it. I don't know all the particulars about it but maybe Mazda ought to take a look at it. Work out the positives and negatives and possibly improve it if possible.
  9. S

Mazda Car/Truck?

Maybe Mazda should consider something like the Hyundai Santa Cruz. They might base it on the CX9 so it isn't too small. Of course they could start from scratch and come up with something great. I can't look down the road at the marketing possibilities but I bet it would be a hit. I don't think...
  10. S

External B Pillar Black Piano cover Removal?

I've noticed deep scratches and a possible fracture on the passenger side B pillar cover. I have researched and found they can be obtained fairly cheaply but can find no info on how to remove them to replace. Anyone help?
  11. S

2017~2024 CX-5 Abnormal Oil Use

I just completed a journey of @ 1800 miles on a 2019 GT. Before I left I checked my oil level and when I got back I checked it again. It was down approximately half a quart. Now I know all cars go through oil but this is the first I've had that lost this much. Actually it doesn't seem like a lot...
  12. S

Questions regarding my CX-5 and high-compression

I have a 2019 Gt and love it. It's not perfect but no car is. However some questions have come to mind. The gas mileage in say the RAV4 and the Honda CRV are better. The CX5 has higher compression than every other small suv. I heard the reason for this is to help with gas mileage but it doesn't...
  13. S

2017~2024 You can't turn off the Radio?

Has anyone wondered why Mazda made the radio unable to turn off. I have a 2019 GT and don't know if this is the same on any earlier versions. When I first got it I tried to figure out how to turn it off and discovered I could only turn the volume down or mute it but could not turn it off? Oh...
  14. S

Infotainment rebooted on its own, is this normal?

I was driving in my 2019 cx5 gt the other day and the infotainment just on its own rebooted. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?
  15. S

Coming Home Lights no longer turning on

My headlights on my 2019 no longer turn on when I pull in the driveway and turn the car off. I haven't been able to solve this with the settings on the infotainment system. Am I missing something? Anyone have any advice?
  16. S

CX-5 Ceramic Coating Question

Has anyone put their own ceramic coating or had a professional put one on their car? If you did it tell us how hard/easy it was to do and other things you might find interesting. Also of course according to when you did it how long it's lasted. If you had it done how much did it run, has it...
  17. S

Lifetime Tranny Fluid?

Ok I know this has probably beaten to death like most everything has but I'm curious. Does anyone that has the "sealed tranny" with lifetime fluid have a high mileage car that hasn't changed the fluid and if you do have you had any problems? I know that @ 90% of all mechanichs don't believe in...
  18. S

Android Auto not working

I hooked my phone up to the smart phone port of my 2019 cx-5 but it isn't recognized. In the settings the box is checked for AA but under apps the android auto isn't highlighted. phone makes some beeps but that's it. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks
  19. S

Turning it Off

I just bought a 2019 GT and have now realized that there's no way to turn the radio off. Unless I'm missing something you can mute it or turn the volume down. Someone let me know if I'm wrong.
  20. S

New 2019 GT

Got the wallet out and traded my 2015 touring for a 2019 GT. I liked the way the 15 drove. Very responsive. It had aftermarket leather and was comfortable. The ride was a tad stiff and in my old age it would have been nice had it rode a little softer. The new one seems a tad bigger and rides a...
Back