Search results

1. M

Intake Manifold

Does anyone know if the plastic piece on the manifold is removable or it it literally part of the manifold. I want to grind down the plastic parts that used to hold the intake parts and get the whole thing hydrodipped....I really don't want to have to take my entire manifold apart but if I have...
  2. M

Autocrossing time!

Went to my first autocross in over 3 months, felt great to be out there again btw. This was my 4th ever autocross and I can feel myself improving every time. In the morning it was a wet track and at my best I ran a 46.036 but hit a cone at the start. Then I was doing better than the speed...
  3. M

Stock Brake Pads

So I know a lot of cars get some pretty meh brake pads off the bat and that includes some mazda cars but I have gotta give props to the person who decided what brake pads our little 2 will get. Perhaps it's my driving style, less braking and more letting the car stop on it's own (which yes even...
  4. M

Rolling Shot

First time I've been able to get a good picture driving my car casually as opposed to my normal autocross pictures. I really like how the Illusions rims look =) All I need now is just to get a bit lower, a front lip, maybe sideskirts, and a spoiler. I really love how my blue reflects though...
  5. M

Headlight Removal

I need to take my head lights out but I'm unsure of where the last few bolts are. I see the ones on top but what about underneath? How would you get to them and how many are there? I'd imagine you either take off the inner fender wall and/or the front bumper but I'd like to know if I only have...
  6. M

Header and Corksport Exhaust

After having it sit around for almost 2 months I finally got to put my header (which I got from Andres) on the car. First off the installation was interesting to say the least, the bolts were nearly impossibly to get off. We used everything we had, including a 3ft breaker bar, to try and break...
  7. M

Dyno Time

Being surrounded by a bunch of Mazdaspeed 3's at a dyno day for my club can be a bit intimidating, not gonna lie, but I am happy with my numbers and I still beat the couple 04 Mazda 3's we had there on the drive home so I will never complain =). This is with a Corksport Exhaust with Race...
  8. M

First Time!

Doing my first autocross this Friday night =) Little bit nervous but excited to see how I do. I'll be the only 2 there and surrounded by miatas. I have my strut bar in today for me to put on tonight and get a feel for it before that night. Only set back is I'll be arriving late, due to work, so...
  9. M

Headlight Removal Question

I'm getting ready to do an HID retrofit on my car and I'm just curious if anyone who has already done such a process has some tips on the separation of the headlight. That's the part that has me worried. I don't want to break any clips along the way while doing the separation. I know there are...
  10. M

Minimazda's Build Thread

Wrapping the interior.
  11. M

Exhaust choices

I have to decide between the corksport Cat Back exhaust or the Race Pipe version. Can someone please give me a good explanation of each one and the differences of the two?
  12. M

Just ordered new rims!

Just got to finally order new rims! I got the Konig Illusions in blue. I cannot wait till they come in. As soon as they come in they are getting put on my car =)
  13. M

Interesting New Noise

My car has recently decided that he wants to creak/squeak whenever I make a right turn. ONLY right turns, never left and only when the car is actually in motion. He sometimes makes the noise when I got over a bit of rough road but that's not much of an issue...I can't figure out what's causing...
  14. M

I just can't decide

I keep looking at rims for my Aquatic Mica car and I can't figure out what color rims I want to put on him. I don't like the idea of silver, I'm getting rid off all the silver on my car. Either gloss black, flat black, or a combination of one of those with some blue thrown in...any one have any...
  15. M

Removing the A/C Vents

I cannot get them off for the life of me. I want to pull them off to make it easier to vinyl wrap the silver lining but I cannot figure out how to get them off. Everyone says they just pop off when you pull them but no matter how hard I pull at them they won't come off...is there a trick or do I...
Back