Search results

1. A

FS: (Free) Protege CD Head Unit, and Cassette Unit (single DIN each)

Out of a 2000 Protege ES, recently sold. Were used up until Feb 14. I replaced head unit thinking it was dying because I only had one speaker. Turns out all my speakers were bad. Both units work fine and are cosmetically good. Available for pick up in either Alexandria VA, or Dover DE. Would...
  2. A

Head unit, DIN Pocket, phone mount solution

JVC CD-player with Bluetooth. Fairly straightforward installation. I took out my OEM headunit and cassette deck. The DIN pocket is from a Taurus. The color is the same, but the grain in slightly different than the other plastics, but no one would notice unless you told them. I devised a "mount"...
  3. A

FS: Variable Intermittent Wiper Switch(s), spray nozzles

Wiper Switch, Variable Intermittent, WITHOUT Rear Wiper/Washer For Protege sedans, 99-03 Source: 1st Gen Mazda6 sedans (ALL SOLD) $25 ea, shipped Info Threads: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123740329-Swapping-wiper-stalk-to-intermittent-wipers...
  4. A

FS: OEM DIN Pocket

DIN Pocket This is plug & play for a 99 or 00 sedan where the dash was made to take two single-DIN units. Later sedans or P5's with double-DIN openings would require the “support bar” and screws which this does NOT include, but you might be able to fashion your own. This thread has info...
  5. A

FS: Variable Intermittent Wiper Switch

Wiper switch from a Ford Escape. Used in my 2000 Protege for about a year. Works perfect. Rear wiper switch/washer is disabled if used in a sedan. Lots of threads about this easy mod, but some include...
  6. A

99-00 Protege Headlight Assemblies

Interested in headlight assemblies and clear corners. Or one-piece aftermarket if available. If you have something, please provide pics and description of approx. age and condition. Any leads for a one-piece assembly with clear corner lights also appreciated. Thanks.
  7. A

Rear Drum Brake Hardware Kit

Bought this from Rockauto and didn't use it. Raybestos Part #H17370 (springs, clips, pins) http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=572141 My car is 2000 Protege ES. See link and attachment. $5, which basically covers shipping with return receipt. Can pick up free if in the NoVa/DC...
  8. A

ignition key courtesy light upgrade

My 2000 ES doesn't have a little light shining on the ignition key like later models do. This is a easy but silly junkyard upgrade. I got the light assembly from a 626 (junkyards have TONS of these!). I think it was $1.50. In the Protege remove the steering column trim. You will need to drill...
  9. A

FS: Protege Wiper Switch

Wiper switch from a 2000 Protege ES. Working when removed. I upgraded to an Escape switch. $10 shipped USPS parcel post from 22305. Please PM if interested. Thanks. [I erroneously marked this sold earlier. It is still available.]
  10. A

FS: P5 Fog Light Switch

SOLD I got this from a junkyard and decided I don't need it. As you can see it has the wiring harness, with about 7" of wire attached. Asking $20. Will include shipping by USPS parcel post from 22305 with delivery confirmation. It should work but I can't make any guarantees so if you want a...
  11. A

626, Millenia, other parts to pick?

A lot of people have moved on from their Proteges, but for those of us that remain, or are new to the car: I searched forum and didn't see much mention of parts compatibility with other Mazdas. I have been to junkyards recently, and there are LOTS of 626's, Millenia, etc. Please post if you...
  12. A

OEM-like fit rocker switches to go in blanks?

Has anyone found any aftermarket rocker switches that snap right in the 4 blanks on the lower left of the steering wheel? Seems to be several makes of switches for different 4wds/Jeeps, also for boats. http://www.jegs.com/p/Daystar/Daystar-Jeep-Switch-Panel/1163960/10002/-1 Adding a few...
  13. A

extra 12v ports and usb ports ideas

I am looking to add at least one extra 12v cigarette lighter plug in my car. Would also like some kind of USB plug that looks "finished" and OEM looking. If anybody has done anything, I'd appreciate pics to get ideas. I'm figuring for both possibly in the side of the center console on the...
  14. A

NOVA wanted: Install my tint

I bought pre-cut tint for a 2000 Protege and never got around to installing it, don't have time. It's not a show car, I just want to finally get it done- and utilize the sunk cost of the supplies I already bought. If you do it on the side or know someone, let me know. Some kind of pics or...
  15. A

extra 12v and USB power points ?

I am thinking about possibly adding another 12v plug point, or perhaps that and 1 or 2 USB plugs for power. If anyone as any photos of nice clean installations they did I would appreciate you posting. I don't plan on upgrading my audio. Having two USBs around the console or in the dash would...
  16. A

Is my car eating engine mounts?

Would appreciate thoughts and feedback. Back in Feb, a friend of my fathers (with a lift) replaced the front/lower and upper/passenger side mounts on my 00 ES. Replacements were stock type from Autozone or Advance. This is a daily-driver, stock car with 115k, manual trans. My car has had a lot...
  17. A

626 Seats in a Protege?

Was in a junkyard today, and lots of last-generation 626's are there. Has anybody ever tried putting seats from a 626 in a 99-03 Protege? I saw some in light gray leather that would work nice if they fit! Car is getting old, but I plan on driving it till it dies.
  18. A

Used Windshield Installation

Does anyone know anywhere in NoVA to get this done? I have read that Crazy Ray's junk yards in MD will pull them for you, and price is <$100. I don't drive my car much, and on a tight budget, so I'm contemplating this. Just wonder if anyone else has had it done.
  19. A

Returning with an 00 ES

Due to major (and mostly good) changes in life, I bought a 00 Protege. First joined this forum back when I had a my 02 P5. Loved that car, but didn't love the noise. See my sig for the bad decision that followed. My Mazda3 was nearly perfect IMO, but it wasn't paid for, and due to...
  20. A

Will 195/60 15 fit an 00 ES

I looked for a FAQ or a stickie but not sure. Stock size is 195-55-15. My priorities are low noise with acceptable winter performance (but I'm aware of inherent tradeoffs). I once had an 02 Protege 5, and replacing the stock 195/50/16 's on it with 205/50/16 's was no problem, and opened up 3...
Back