Search results

1. J

Broken CorkSport Rear Torsion Bar :(

Well, at least I tracked down one of the mystery rattles from under my car... at first I just thought it had come loose, but after checking torque was indeed still tight I could feel the bar moving around and noticed it was cracked right through at the weld! Cracked half way around the other...
  2. J

Bumpstops?!

So last night driving home (a little more spirited than usual) I was taking a sweeping left hand turn at about 55-60mph and felt a bump from the rear and then the rear stepped out for a split second and then regained composure and I scooted out of the turn. The turn is fairly banked, the left...
  3. J

Fair price for stock alloys?

I put my stock alloys and tires on CL for $400, and the only person who replied wants to lowball me. Perfect condition, 5k miles on tires -- what's a fair low price? I feel like $400 is pretty close, lol. Thanks!
  4. J

Front top hat/alignment question

Is it normal for the top nut on the strut to be off center in the top hat when looking from the top due to alignment adjustments? The driver side one looks pretty centered on mine, but passenger side looks off center quite a bit -- I'm trying to determine if it moved on me or was set that way by...
  5. J

New Enkeis

Would look good on the 2, but no weights I can find yet... http://enkei.com/m52.shtml#
  6. J

Gas mileage down in winter?

Anyone else notice a drop in gas mileage this winter? I got new wheels and tires around the same time I noticed it start dropping for me in October, but it's been going down steadily ever since. With stock rims and tires I was seeing just over 31mpg in the city, but the last tank was just under...
  7. J

What's the alpha designation for our US spec 2s?

So like how there is an FD R-X7 and NA Miata, what would the letter code be for our 2011-2013 US spec Mazda 2s?
  8. J

I really want an F-RS

Anyone try one yet? I haven't but someone in my building bought a BRZ and it got me goin' again. Looks like a fun car.
  9. J

Ramps for lowered 2?

Anyone have ramps they can get their lowered 2 onto? I have some Rhino Ramps but they're just a bit too steep to clear the little air dam thing. I tried making some out of 2x10s but they're freaking heavy and don't go up very high -- any decent suggestions that don't cost $200+ like race ramps do?
  10. J

Anyone try eBay MazdaSpeed Pedals?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261045879468?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 I mostly want the dead pedal, but since it comes as a whole set I might try them out... I'm just wondering about the drilling the original pedals or if these will slide right over. Anyone try these on a 2 or...
  11. J

Anyone know how to remove shifter cover/boot area?

I need to get under my shifter boot to prop it up a bit to match an aftermarket shifter, and before I just go and pull on it and snap a connector (been there, done that) I thought I'd ask if anyone has experience and knows an easy trick to pulling it off. Thanks! --Jonathan
  12. J

Corksport front bar noise?

Is it normal for the poly bushings to make noise, or do I need to get in there and grease some more? I greased them up pretty good during the install with brake grease, but over slow bumps it creaks pretty loudly. It's loosened up a bit with time, but in the supermarket over the speed bumps it's...
  13. J

Saw three new 2s on my daily commute

Just this week I've seen 3 brand new 2s out there in Seattle -- hopefully sales will pick up with gas over $4 again. I've read that sales for Ford, Toyota, and Dodge have picked up due to people wanting smaller more efficient cars -- it makes sense Mazda should get a bump too. Except I don't...
  14. J

Scratched shock shaft

I had a heck of a time getting the top nut off the shock shaft, and in the process I put a very small groove in near the bottom of the shock shaft. I used an inner tube, silicone hose, and a bicycle grip but somehow still managed to score it ever so slightly. It's a smooth groove in the chrome...
  15. J

Torque specs for suspension?

I'm going to be swapping out my springs this weekend -- does anyone know the torque specs for front upper strut bolts in the engine compartment, lower front strut bolts, and both upper and lower rear shock bolts? I kind of remember from doing my Miata years ago, but it's a bit foggy... Thanks...
  16. J

TPMS in 6UL?

I've searched for this but couldn't find a definite answer -- will the TPMS fit in the 6UL rims? And does anyone know the part # for the sensors so I can be sure to get the right ones off ebay? Thanks!
  17. J

15 or 16 wheels?

I'm still trying to decide on wheels, and toying with +1 -ing with 195/45/16 rp-f1s vs going with the 205/50/15. These tire sizes seem to be closest to stock diameter -- which would be better for aggressive street/occasional auto-x TO? I'd probably pair these with Eibach springs and Corksport...
  18. J

Spring compressor needed?

Do I need a spring compressor to install either the Eibach or H&R spring kit?
Back