What have you done to your Miata today?

I’ll have my car on the road until the first snow, as long as the temps stay above 40. She’ll be off the road come the end of December .

Last edited:
Mixed day emotion wise. Put Mia in storage
DfGGjuRTWnNO5x2WG9xh8JSgCB66V-Ihldb1Vs4M9bTJHhYou0nrRDC9-wMPhIYZSKXf0l0k4K5vv2q2_3ZzttyPxFQqt2qZaFM5-kOIZR6j9DPYAcnNWGjzOH0Q-PNtLAAURCxTHQ=w2400

But got Gizmo up and running.
jd4XBzl_c_iFnhrb1-Jqiryyj5fwhatucK6E2KNdV8fVPtvHb9gCjv5HfgrDIyNDhL06WN6RRWJtIDWeR1ySULmyDUpAYOBm9BO65ESnvpyy2pABRnmJCVmGF44yJlOplquR_yPaDA=w2400

I'll be doing the same with my MX this week. It's supposed to be nice weather wise, and it gives me mixed feelings. Nice weather means more trips with the top down but it's also the perfect time to winterize. Decisions decisions. Maybe I'll wait till Friday...

73 degrees and sunny here on Thursday. Looks like the MX will be getting a wash/wax and then an oil change before getting put to bed for the season. A high of 52 on Friday and 32 on Saturday! No!!!!

Last Audrain cars and coffee this weekend…..🙁

Attachments

• EA9B1DF1-4856-4656-B137-BF7D7336B35D.jpeg
    EA9B1DF1-4856-4656-B137-BF7D7336B35D.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 66
Mmmmmm, milkshake. Now I might have to go out at lunch to get one @bazooka joe :)

That is crazy talk @Conrad 16.5, 32 is perfect top down weather! Throw the heat and the seat heaters on and go for a nice cruise. You may arrive a little chilly but you won't have sweat marks on your back. ;) haha

Sad day indeed Mark but on the flip side you will be in Florida and the rest of the SE soon going to C&C in your smurf! :D

Mmmmmm, milkshake. Now I might have to go out at lunch to get one @bazooka joe :)

That is crazy talk @Conrad 16.5, 32 is perfect top down weather! Throw the heat and the seat heaters on and go for a nice cruise. You may arrive a little chilly but you won't have sweat marks on your back. ;) haha

Sad day indeed Mark but on the flip side you will be in Florida and the rest of the SE soon going to C&C in your smurf! :D

I know, I know. 32 is not bad at all with the top down. No seat heaters in a 2016 Club though. I don't mind the cooler temps, it's what comes along with it, that cold white stuff.

It's hard to put the MX away when the weather can be a mixed bag. One thing that I know for sure is that I don't want to be laying under the car, changing the oil, when it's cold. No way, no how.

@Conrad 16.5 Forgot that the Club didn't come with them. Had them on my NC and now the ND and love them. If only Mazda would offer a heated steering wheel option. For me, I will go top down at pretty much any temp. but extended the season with my wife as a passenger by buying her a heated blanket. As crazy as it sounds, I don't mind the snow so much but hate the cold and the ice.

I can only imagine. Especially this season as we just had low 70's over the weekend and later this week the highs are 40's, insane! I completely agree with you there and the last few years have opted to pay the dealer to do oil changes that fall in the winter months.

78 degrees and sunny here yesterday, just beautiful!

I took a lil ride yesterday, then stopped off for a fill up at the gas station. Before filling I dumped 5oz of Sta-bil in the tank. Took her home for a wash and wax and then changed the oil and filter.

She's ready for her long winters nap. I just have to cover her up today and that's it till next year.

Sweet dreams.

We had a similar swing here @Conrad 16.5

I took advantage of the warmer temps on Saturday to put the outdoor Christmas decorations up. My neighbors think I am crazy but highs are going to hover in the 40's the rest of the week and only get colder. So to my neighbors, I say 😝 They are up but I will not be lighting them until Thanksgiving night.

Temps have dropped to more seasonal degree’s, probably store the car away this week. One last wash and get it covered up until next May 😳.
went to the Audrain automo museum in Newport yesterday…the exhibit is called “Young Timers”, vehicles that today’s 20 somethings are interested in. The first car I see after entering, yup a 1990 Miata. Great exhibit!

Attachments

• 8E207280-170C-485B-9FF0-5071A1EEAAB2.jpeg
    8E207280-170C-485B-9FF0-5071A1EEAAB2.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 74
Done nothing except order some maintenance items for the Smurf. Wishing you all an awesome Christmas and happy New Year!

Attachments

• 41E039C4-3641-4867-8F88-6D59BBA5E095.jpeg
    41E039C4-3641-4867-8F88-6D59BBA5E095.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 52
Back