2016 CX-5 Sport entertainment display briefly went out

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport
I was driving around in my '16 CX-5 sport today and listening to the radio. All of a sudden at a traffic stop light the display on the entertainment system went out, but I could hear the audio. I tried to play around with the wheel knob in the center console, but nothing happened. Pulled in to a parking lot, turned off the car and started it, but no display, but I heard the radio. Went into a store for about half hour and came back. Then started up the car, and the entertainment system display was back on and I could change station, etc. Also, I could hear audio. This is the first time this has happened to me. Are these systems prone to failure?

During the outage did you by any chance check and see if the backup camera was still working?

If it happens again try the reset/reboot. Not sure of the exact keystrokes but you can search on this site, I've seen it a couple times.

I also have a 16 Touring and I think the same exact thing happened to me once around the beginning of summer. After running a few errands where the car was stopped then restarted the screen returned and everything has been fine ever since.

During the outage did you by any chance check and see if the backup camera was still working?

If it happens again try the reset/reboot. Not sure of the exact keystrokes but you can search on this site, I've seen it a couple times.

I also have a 16 Touring and I think the same exact thing happened to me once around the beginning of summer. After running a few errands where the car was stopped then restarted the screen returned and everything has been fine ever since.
I noticed the back up camera was not working either. But once I cane back from the store, everything was working normally including the backup camera. Was really worried..

I noticed the back up camera was not working either. But once I cane back from the store, everything was working normally including the backup camera. Was really worried..
I don't remember if my back up camera was working or not.

Also had an experience at about 900miles where all the warning lights on the dash lit up. After driving they all went away and never returned. That was about 36,000 miles ago so I'm just going to write these one-time occurances off as a glitch in the system.

As far as your question - are these systems prone to failure? Don't think so, I've been on the forum for about 7 years and can't remember a post complaining about infotainment failure. If they're going to fail they most likely will fail during the warranty period, usually within the first year.

I don't remember if my back up camera was working or not.

Also had an experience at about 900miles where all the warning lights on the dash lit up. After driving they all went away and never returned. That was about 36,000 miles ago so I'm just going to write these one-time occurances off as a glitch in the system.

As far as your question - are these systems prone to failure? Don't think so, I've been on the forum for about 7 years and can't remember a post complaining about infotainment failure. If they're going to fail they most likely will fail during the warranty period, usually within the first year.
So I have 71k on the car, so it has served me well.

Back