What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Well, attempted to install the JB4 yesterday. Got it all mounted up, but got stuck trying to disconnect the MAP sensor on the front intercooler. The instructions call for removing the bumper, but I was hoping to avoid doing that as I didn't want to crack it (there's a bumper crack TSB and my car is no longer covered under the basic warranty). Instead I tried to go through the small space in the lower grill. I can see and reach the sensor, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it unplugged. There isn't enough space to get anything except my hand in there, and I can't see how the sensor comes out, so I gave up for now. But here's a pic of how I have it mounted.

View attachment 311410

A note - For the CX-9, the MAP connection wire could benefit from being an extra 12-18 inches longer for a cleaner install. I wanted to run the wire underneath the intake piping and across the engine, ziptying the wire harness to the existing engine harness under the engine cover. But if I do it that way, the MAP sensor wire is too short to reach the connector. Instead, I have to run the wire between the front of the engine and the fan, and it kind of just hangs there and looks sloppy. Maybe I'll look at different mounting places for the box.
Is this what you would like the wire runs to look like?
686A338E-39D3-4A01-B498-1277C3F6ACA7.jpeg
A1C49EEB-40F9-4581-B665-DBD96A51A48D.jpeg

That's a lot cleaner than the way I have it now, but I wanted to run it along the wire harness that goes across the top of the engine. Like this (sorry if its hard to see)..

20210524_183603x.jpg

Had some free time and some energy over the weekend, so gave the 9 some love, which meant finishing off a couple of projects.....

Replaced a burnt out shifter light.

Center_Console_028.jpg

Center_Console_029.jpg

Installed of a USB/3.5mm hub for the Kenwood headunit.

Stereo_061.jpg

Stereo_069.jpg

Stereo_087.jpg

Stereo_095.jpg

Installed some footwell lighting; just wanted red accent lighting, but they say everything is better with bluetooth & RGBW led's, so figured I might as well. :cool:

FWL_014.jpg

FWL_020.jpg

FWL_021.jpg

FWL_044.jpg

FWL_038.jpg

FWL_050.jpg

Had some free time and some energy over the weekend, so gave the 9 some love, which meant finishing off a couple of projects.....

Replaced a burnt out shifter light.

View attachment 312142

View attachment 312143

Installed of a USB/3.5mm hub for the Kenwood headunit.

View attachment 312144

View attachment 312145

View attachment 312146

View attachment 312147

Installed some footwell lighting; just wanted red accent lighting, but they say everything is better with bluetooth & RGBW led's, so figured I might as well. :cool:

View attachment 312148

View attachment 312149

View attachment 312150

View attachment 312151

View attachment 312152

View attachment 312153
Love the footwell lighting! My mother’s Edge has RGB accent lighting including footwells and it’s nice to be able to see when you drop something down there without needing to pull out a flashlight

Love the footwell lighting! My mother’s Edge has RGB accent lighting including footwells and it’s nice to be able to see when you drop something down there without needing to pull out a flashlight
Thanks. I originally got the idea from my parents 2013 Escape. I did a simpler version on my last ride and quickly found that I missed it on the CX-9. It is so nice to have it again.

The added bonus is for the past two years I have had a prosthetic right leg, so being able to see the pedals at night makes things a little easier.

fwl_020-jpg.312149

Those 4 plugs with the red on the end of them? what are they, are the a multi pin arrangement?
they look like the might be similar to the ones on the E-Bike i have, and i want to mod that without cutting the original loom.

Those 4 plugs with the red on the end of them? what are they, are the a multi pin arrangement?
they look like the might be similar to the ones on the E-Bike i have, and i want to mod that without cutting the original loom.
Those are adapters, M8 to JST, that came with the controller. The round end is M8.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).jpg

does the M8 signify that they are 8mm in diameter at some point?
looks like there is M7 and M6 ones as well.

Very promising. I might be able to chip this thing yet.

Had to go fishing around inside the bike to find a photo of them. Tiny things, look similar but are different.
I'm busy getting the CX-9 and the bike ready to go to Tasmania in November.
94F2A2C1-C524-4FC8-9A3C-F34F713C3042.jpeg.f83906817e198a8162df0db6f44ac26a.jpeg
1568BB00-84FC-4479-8388-B8062024AF8D.jpeg.8507d9f2f3ba9b19dde6c12b5031fd95.jpeg

Swapped out the rear wheel bearings on our 2012 AWD model. What. A. Pain. In. The. Ass. Didn't take very long, but what an arduous process getting those hub bolts out. The YouTube video was a god-send for guidance.

New rear brake pads and rotors. I used the Powerstop Z23 Evolution Sport kit (K7742).

View attachment 312799

No issues with noise to report.
I was looking at these for my 18 CX-5 (before upgrading to CX-9) since the rear rotors did not hold up well on them for some reason. I'll have to leave a note to ask you a year or so down the road to get an update on them.

Back