Got into a accident yesterday

I am so sad and devastated, this by far the best vehicle I have ever own, she was super reliable. She had 115,000 miles am hearing they are gonna total her. RIP CX5 I will sure as well miss you. She saved my life in this accident. A big ford 250 pickup hit me with full force, am surprised the damage is not worse than that.

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_075411885.jpg
    IMG_20220804_075411885.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_20220804_075421011_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20220804_075421011_HDR~2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_20220804_075509791_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20220804_075509791_HDR~2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_20220804_075447617_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220804_075447617_HDR.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_20220804_075440378_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220804_075440378_HDR.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 291
Sorry to hear but hope everyone is ok.

Similar incident, my first CX-5 was rear ended & totaled except mine was only 4 months old with 2300 miles. The CX-5 protected my son & myself with no major injuries. I was impressed enough to replace it with it's clone. That was going on 3 years ago & I'm glad I got another CX-5.

Damn that's a gen 1 too. I also have 116k on mine. Super reliable vehicle.

Hope everyone was ok, and if so, well then at least can say the car did its job.

Ope! Dang. Well, that sux. Glad you're good even though the back of the car isn't.

Glad to hear that you're ok.

How did the truck fair?
The truck got messed up too, I think his engine seized up. The hood, front bumpers was messed up, I think his airbags deployed too. They had to tow his truck. I tell you this CX-5 is well built the damage should be way worser then this. The guy was speeding hit me at fast speed.

Sorry to hear but hope everyone is ok.

Similar incident, my first CX-5 was rear ended & totaled except mine was only 4 months old with 2300 miles. The CX-5 protected my son & myself with no major injuries. I was impressed enough to replace it with it's clone. That was going on 3 years ago & I'm glad I got another CX-5.
I definitely wanna get another CX-5 for sure

Sorry to hear about this. My '20 CX-5 with just over 20,000km (12,000 miles) was in a crash with a red light runner earlier this year. It suffered moderate front end damage but since the driver's front air bag was deployed, I guess that's what wrote it off. I loved that car so I bought another one (a new '22).

Sorry to hear about this. My '20 CX-5 with just over 20,000km (12,000 miles) was in a crash with a red light runner earlier this year. It suffered moderate front end damage but since the driver's front air bag was deployed, I guess that's what wrote it off. I loved that car so I bought another one (a new '22).
Why would they write a 2020 off for airbag deployment? Drivers air bag is a couple thousand at most.

Why would they write a 2020 off for airbag deployment? Drivers air bag is a couple thousand at most.
I'm in Canada, where everything costs more than in the USA. It was the combination of air bag and front end damage. It does not take much to write off a modern car.

Use this as an excuse to move to a '22 CX-5. Maybe check out the CX-50 as well?
I seen a quote alot of 22s in my area, I have not even seen one CX-50 yet lol. In general I see a lot of CX-5s on the road. I am not really a fan of buying the latest car. I wouldn't mind getting a 2018- 2020 pre owned turbo though 😂

First of all, glad you're ok! Wow, a Ford F250 hitting the back of a CX-5, it does look like the damage should be a lot worse than it is...Sad to see it go, please do keep us updated on the replacement! 😁

I'm in Canada, where everything costs more than in the USA. It was the combination of air bag and front end damage. It does not take much to write off a modern car.
I'm going to assume that last pic is pre-accident because I don't see any front end damage.

I'm going to assume that last pic is pre-accident because I don't see any front end damage.

Damage is in the rear.
If you look close, you can see the bent rear wheel.
I didn't notice it at first.

Damage is in the rear.
If you look close, you can see the bent rear wheel.
I didn't notice it at first.
Yep, see that. Thought the original op said car had front-end damage but that was another poster talking about their accident.

Hey guys a little update it's official she is a total loss with $17,000 worth of damage, they are giving me way more then I expected for the SUV. Infact very close to the damage amount I stated above. Luckily I owe very little on it.

The whole entire right rear side the breaks, wheel, whole right rear suspension got destroyed. The quarter panel is the most expensive part of the repair, followed by the airbag then rear suspension.

I will miss the SUV. I look forward to the next Mazda I will get, keep in mind I still have a 2013 Mazda CX-5 base sport that's half mine. That one has 150,000mile but no where close to how nice the 2016 one was. I am gonna car shop soon 2018- 2019 turbo cx-5 is what am eyeing for.

Hey guys a little update it's official she is a total loss with $17,000 worth of damage, they are giving me way more then I expected for the SUV. Infact very close to the damage amount I stated above. Luckily I owe very little on it.

The whole entire right rear side the breaks, wheel, whole right rear suspension got destroyed. The quarter panel is the most expensive part of the repair, followed by the airbag then rear suspension.

I will miss the SUV. I look forward to the next Mazda I will get, keep in mind I still have a 2013 Mazda CX-5 base sport that's half mine. That one has 150,000mile but no where close to how nice the 2016 one was. I am gonna car shop soon 2018- 2019 turbo cx-5 is what am eyeing for.
Good luck in this environment. Glad you got a decent payout.
You will not find a 2018 turbo since they didn't come out until 2019.
19's are a good year but I assume they're still pretty pricey.

You may want to look at 20's too.

Back