Wireless Android Auto Adapter

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
I've found posts on wireless Carplay adapters working, but haven't been able to find anything on a wireless Andoid Auto adapter. This, if the ad is right, appears to work on stock cars without aftermarket Android head units. Am I missing something in the description? It states "Works on all cars and head units that support wired Android Auto"

Anyone want to throw $100 down and let me know how it works out? - looks like their kickstart shipping it out to January delivery now. - the names seem to indicate it's run by 3 Russians - who would know more about hacking a system? Has anyone seen this?

Or this one?

I got into the AA-wireless kickstarter on indiegogo in mid-August for what was supposed to be an October shipping date. They've filled out earlier orders since then, but production is slow. I may not see it until November. The minute I do, I will post here. I expect nothing short of simple success, there are a few youtube videos out there from firsthand users, various car makes and they all work well.

I don't understand the obsession with wireless Android Auto. When you plug in the USB, it charges the phone. Who doesn't actually want that?

I don't understand the obsession with wireless Android Auto. When you plug in the USB, it charges the phone. Who doesn't actually want that?
Not sure what the charging current is on this car, but personally I'd rather pay extra to wireless AA/Carplay, and plug USB into car charger for faster charging rates...

I have been using that Indiego product for the past few months, and it is working well. Some hiccups here and there but fixed with a recent update.
I can say that it comes in very handy when you go for short trips, sparing you from plugging it on and off only to connect to AA. The Bluetooth is already running on the phone, and it automatically connects to the car. You are right, it can charge simultaneously, but I wouldn`t let my phone continuously charging for hours, which isn`t suitable for its battery.

In my other vehicle, I have wireless android auto and a tray where I can drop the phone in for charging at the same time.. It is AWESOME. No cables, charges and all the AA features.. Set the phone down and go.. It has been absolutely perfect. I am now looking to do the same thing in my new CX-5.

I'm also a huge fan of my AAwireless adapter. Doesn't use enough battery for me to be bothered, but i hacked in a wireless charge in the tray up front for occasional use. It boots up and connects 20-60 seconds of starting the vehicle, and stays connected 100% of the time. Runs every bit as well as wired. It's just convenient.

I've found posts on wireless Carplay adapters working, but haven't been able to find anything on a wireless Andoid Auto adapter. This, if the ad is right, appears to work on stock cars without aftermarket Android head units. Am I missing something in the description? It states "Works on all cars and head units that support wired Android Auto"

I know this post is old. But I wanted to chime in.. I think the adapters would work with any stereo that supports wired Android Auto. The adapter is just simulating the wired connection to USB with a WIFI service. All the good stuff is done up front before the stereo gets signal. The head unit wouldn't know it is being commanded via a USB cable or a WIFI adapter plugged into the USB cable port. Just my thoughts.

For AA, the Motorola Ma1 works great, bought a plug and play wireless charger along with the Motorola. No complaints.
full
full
full

For AA, the Motorola Ma1 works great, bought a plug and play wireless charger along with the Motorola. No complaints.
I received the same wireless charger for the console today.. Mine is flat and there is a small arch to the console from side to side, making it not fit exactly. It's close.. but if you push on the left or right corner, you can get it to rock a little. When pushing on the left cornet, t feels like it is unsupported a bit in the back. The right side is more solid.

Does yours have the same issue or is this a small change with the 2022 CX-5?

I received the same wireless charger for the console today.. Mine is flat and there is a small arch to the console from side to side, making it not fit exactly. It's close.. but if you push on the left or right corner, you can get it to rock a little. When pushing on the left cornet, t feels like it is unsupported a bit in the back. The right side is more solid.

Does yours have the same issue or is this a small change with the 2022 CX-5?
Do not have that issue, guess make sure you pushed it all the way inward or use the tape on it to keep it in place.

I was waiting for Motorola MA1, but it simply isn't available in EU. After reading some websites, I bought a Carsifi for my Mazda CX-5 (2016 with upgrade to Android Auto). I lost some minutes to discover, that I have to disable a "Intercept AA protocol" feature. Since then, it works like a charm.
More info on Short review on blog.

Last edited:
Back