CX-5 Service Recommendation

:
Mazda CX 5
I have Mazda CX5 2016.5 with 57k miles on it. In my recent visit Service Center Recommended bunch of services. I am looking for your suggestion and priority on it.

1646152940042.png

1646152959288.png

I'd say most of that is just stealership profit items. You likely don't need any of it. Reference your owners manual maintenance schedule for what Mazda recommends for your vehicle. Yes, you could do all of those items listed and it wouldn't hurt anything to freshin' up the fluids but (IMHO) they aren't unnecessary .

If I recall in the owners manual ...

Coolant is good for 10yr 120k miles

Spark plugs are at 75k miles (and they're so easy to do a child could accomplish it in 20min)

I'm surprised they aren't hitting you up for engine air filter and cabin HVAC filter (both are easily changed in minutes with no tools)

IMHO, it would be a waste of money to do those listed items. You could find a trusted independent shop to give you their opinion on things like the serpentine belt cracking, etc.

2016.5 ..... Best cx5 made btdubbs 😁

If it were me, I would just do the brake fluid. 2-3 years is what most manufacturers recommend and you're already at 6 years

Here we go again eh.
Dealership recommended maintenance items, to the tune of thousands $$.
I guess they have their profit targets to meet, and apparently you are the newest target victim.
What a load of crap. I agree with the above posters.
Unless you are having problems with the vehicle, get a second independent opinion on that dealer wish list, for starters.
I'm surprised they didn't suggest fresh air in the tires and power steering fluid flush. lol.

If I were to personally choose any of those, I agree with dunhillmc with just the brake fluid.

But, I'll admit, we never had the brake fluid changed in my wife's old 09 CX9 after ~12 years and 185k miles. And, I just had it done for the first time on my 100K+ mile 2014 Explorer.

If the car is driven in severe climate, excessive moisture, dust, heat, etc, maybe a few things make sense. Otherwise just follow the schedule and avoid dealers unless you have a specific and difficult problem.

I'd say most of that is just stealership profit items. You likely don't need any of it. Reference your owners manual maintenance schedule for what Mazda recommends for your vehicle. Yes, you could do all of those items listed and it wouldn't hurt anything to freshin' up the fluids but (IMHO) they aren't unnecessary .

If I recall in the owners manual ...

Coolant is good for 10yr 120k miles

Spark plugs are at 75k miles (and they're so easy to do a child could accomplish it in 20min)

I'm surprised they aren't hitting you up for engine air filter and cabin HVAC filter (both are easily changed in minutes with no tools)

IMHO, it would be a waste of money to do those listed items. You could find a trusted independent shop to give you their opinion on things like the serpentine belt cracking, etc.

2016.5 ..... Best cx5 made btdubbs 😁
Thank You @HyFlyer for you feedback. I hav declined these as i found that dealership is dishonest and lying. Specially i checked with other dealership and independent shop about Drive Belt Crack and found out his lies. Some of the services mentioned here are part of "Check" as per service manual.

Engine Filter and Air filter i changed myself so atleast not in the list.

For the PCV service, Wouldn't they need to disassemble a good chunk of the motor to get to the PCV or did it change from 2016.5 to 2017? I know I just looked this up a few days ago and to get to the PCV, it's alot of work.

Open your owners manual or download it. Highlight the items that MAZDA wants serviced and at what mileage. The list given is ridicules. Ed

To OP:
I would just smile at the advisor and move on. ;)
The brake fluid flush seems to be at a reasonable price... I won't mind having it done if you have never done it. It is about time.

For others, you can go for 2nd opinion from other dealer (next oil change?) or an independent shop.

Wow!!! That dealership is really trying to rip you off! Care to share the name and location?

To OP:
I would just smile at the advisor and move on. ;)
The brake fluid flush seems to be at a reasonable price... I won't mind having it done if you have never done it. It is about time.

For others, you can go for 2nd opinion from other dealer (next oil change?) or an independent shop.
That was my impression too. But honestly, I don't think I'd trust a dealership to actually do a proper brake flush, that presented me that service recommendation list.

The last time an advisor told me about "cracked belt" was for my wife's Prius.
I smiled at him and ignore him.
She continued to drive her Prius for another 4 yrs before we sold it.
BTW, he also told us to clean up intake throttle .... yeah, right, for $150.
I checked the belt myself and did not see any cracks... he probably used a microscope..

I check the serpentine/accessory belts at each oil change. @ the 90Kmi oil change the belts weren't an issue, but recently they snapped on the highway. You never know.

Myself, I much prefer more-aggressive maintenance when it comes to fluids/oils, belts.

With those items that had been suggested, on my own vehicle I'd consider doing the following:

Brake fluid flush -- flush every 2-3yrs, to keep at best performance
Coolant -- can swap DIY every 50-75Kmi to keep it optimal
Drive belt -- every 50-70Kmi, or if it's looking worn
Diff/Transmission fluids -- every 40-50Kmi or so; not cheap, but it's by no means a "lifetime" fluid
Spark plugs -- every 50Kmi on a CX-5 (did them at 80Kmi on a pre-owned CX-5 and they were bad, gaps were bad)
Throttle body -- worth doing DIY every 2-3yrs IMO; a good afternoon project

Can each of these basically be skipped until needed (fails)? Sure.

At 100k change the spark plugs, coolant, and belts.

Brake Fluid flush imho should be done no more than every 5 years. You'll notice a difference in your braking.

Edit: The car manual has much of these scheduled maintenance items.

Back