Mazda CX-9 washing machine sound

I have a 2013 Mazda CX-9 AWD with 130,000 miles that is making a strange noise. The sound seems to be coming from the front left. The best way to describe it is a sound like a washing machine that isn't quite level on the spin cycle. I feels like a flat tire, but all 4 tires are inflated.

When I apply the brakes it seems to stop, but that could be just be because of the speed reduction. The noise gets faster with the speed of the car.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

or an uneven brake disc or a pad, probably something in the brake, any regular garage should easily find the problem
Thank you I scheduled a diagnostic. I was hoping to get an idea of what it could be without paying a diag. fee. I did recently change the front pads and rotors.

Upvote 0
Thank you I scheduled a diagnostic. I was hoping to get an idea of what it could be without paying a diag. fee. I did recently change the front pads and rotors.
Did you lube the caliper pins? If they stick there is some noise but clamping the brakes on stabilizes it and the noise stops.

Upvote 0
I did lube the caliper pins. The noise does stop when the brakes are applied. Sounds like I didn't lube well enough?
Could be I guess. If you go out for a drive and then stop maybe you can tell if something is getting warm. Or get someone to drive while you ride on the hood and you can listen. Sometimes I drive on a smooth (deserted) street and open the door to see if I can hear anything.

Upvote 0
Could be I guess. If you go out for a drive and then stop maybe you can tell if something is getting warm. Or get someone to drive while you ride on the hood and you can listen. Sometimes I drive on a smooth (deserted) street and open the door to see if I can hear anything.
I rode with the window down and my head out the window. The scrubbing is definitely coming from the wheel. I have never felt that flat tire effect from a caliper issue, but this is the first on the CX9. I am going to take the wheel off and see if I can tell what's up with it.

Upvote 0
Back