Cool doo dads, door latch covers

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
Saw these over at the Miata forum. They fit both my CX and my MX, the CX needs four while the MX needs two.

41Vvv4K04QL._AC_.jpg

Two other color choices. red and stainless.

I just ordered a set of four. Mabe I'll put two on the front doors of the CX and use the other two for the MX. I don't often use the rear doors of the CX, so I won't have to look at the unsightly rear latches. lol

Last edited:
Nice. Those are very clean door sills!

Not my door sills but that's exactly how the sills of my Miata look, the CX too but not that color.

I ordered a set of those covers and they're supposed to be here tomorrow. I won't be using them on the Miata just yet as it's covered up for winter storage in my garage. I may wait on the CX too as it's still cold around here and the adhesive may not work as well initially in the cold.

I received my doo dads yesterday. These things are extremely shiny!

I haven't applied them to my latches yet, too cold out in the garage. I did check the fit though.

It seems that whoever designed these didn't take the thickness of the adhesive tape into account. As a result, the edges of the covers don't completely cover the edges of the latches, there's a bit of a gap. I could take a pic of what I mean if anyone wants to see it?

I may pull the adhesive tape off that they came with and use something thinner so that the fit is better.

It seems that whoever designed these didn't take the thickness of the adhesive tape into account. As a result, the edges of the covers don't completely cover the edges of the latches, there's a bit of a gap. I could take a pic of what I mean if anyone wants to see it?

I may pull the adhesive tape off that they came with and use something thinner so that the fit is better.
I have the ones pictured and I did exactly what you are thinking to do. I used real 3m tape instead of the Chinese clone of 3m tape they used. They fit and look great.

I received my doo dads yesterday. These things are extremely shiny!

I haven't applied them to my latches yet, too cold out in the garage. I did check the fit though.

I got those door stopper and hinge pin covers many years ago when my 2016 CX-5 is still new. I got mine from AliExpress for only $4.26 with all 8 pieces and free shipping! The quality is much better than I expected considering the price although they're made of plastic. There’s no water trapping issues either for all of these years. They’re clip-on and fit perfectly without any adhesive tapes.

25C7DF62-DCE8-4795-91F9-AA418F9CD907.jpeg

54216856-A992-4C45-9356-DB521E388205.jpeg

And no, these pictures are actually taken from my CX-5. :)

Got my red ones yesterday. Hope to install tomorrow, but I may need to go buy some better tape. And I'll be sure to detail the door jam before posting any pictures.:rolleyes:

Got my red ones yesterday. Hope to install tomorrow, but I may need to go buy some better tape. And I'll be sure to detail the door jam before posting any pictures.:rolleyes:
I would be interested to hear how the red covers match with the SRCM paint Inside the door frames.

Back