All weather floor and cargo mat recommendations

I want to buy all weather floor mats and cargo mat for my CX5 GT. My dealer says $125 for floor mats and $100 for cargo mat. Should I take it or anything better online? Any recommendations please, thanks!

The OEM all weather mats aren't that great. They leave a lot of room around the accelerator pedal for dirt to accumulate plus dirt gets stuck in the seam around the perimeter of the mat.
Only reason I got them is I had the dealer throw a pair in when I bought the car.
Can't comment on the cargo mat.

There's a recent thread here about floor mats. Use the search function to see if you can find it.

I think I paid $68+ for a set of the OEM floor mats. They are well made and durable but don't cover as completely as the Canadian OEM mats and other choices.

As many above mentioned, OE mats doesn't completely cover the floor area. I did get OE Rubber mat (Ebay $80+) for cargo area, works very well. For interior, WeatherTech, MaxPider or Husky are recommended. I have one for my other car made by WeatherTech but I like the one by Husky (for CX-5) better and lower price, all are available on Amazon. I'd stay away from NO NAME CHINESE brands.

Canadian OE mats look great but much higher priced.

For the cargo area I like Mazda's OEM Soft Cargo Liner. I had Mazda's all weather rubber cargo mat but did not use it because the Soft Cargo Liner looks better , is lighter weight, and has more coverage. Specifically, the Soft Liner covers the backs of the rear seats (either when in the upright or folded down position ).

I have the Maxpider front floor mats. Good floor coverage (including the dead pedal area) and good quality. Shop around the price will vary between vendors. https://www.napaonline.com/accessories/3d-maxpider-kagu-floor-mats/2125798d

I have these mats in both my MX and CX. They work great and cover much better than OEM.

No back seat in the MX of course but I use the OEM winter mats for the rear in my CX. The salesman 'threw' them in when I bought the car, with a little prompting from me...

I want to buy all weather floor mats and cargo mat for my CX5 GT. My dealer says $125 for floor mats and $100 for cargo mat. Should I take it or anything better online? Any recommendations please, thanks!

Floorliners for 2021 CX-5 GT

3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats

Or just go to MazdaShop / Scarborough Mazda in Canada website for Canadian OEM Premium floor liners:

Premium Floor Liners (Front & Rear) | Mazda CX-5 (2017-2021)

Not surprised. The price for these Canadian OEM Premium floor liners has gone up from $240 pre-pandemic to $330 right now, a 37.5% increase!

I’d go for OEM cargo tray. If your Mazda dealer asks for $100 on OEM Cargo Tray (Boot Liner) part #: KB8M-V9-540B (latest version), you should take it as the price is reasonable.

Last edited:
Hi, I bought the Front/Rear floor mats from Mazdashop in Scarborough, Canada about 2 months ago. Payed $270 U.S., shipped to my door. You can’t get these stateside. Stellar mats. I highly recommend them.

Hi, I bought the Front/Rear floor mats from Mazdashop in Scarborough, Canada about 2 months ago. Payed $270 U.S., shipped to my door. You can’t get these stateside. Stellar mats. I highly recommend them.

Just ordered these too, the extra cost was well worth it to me. Much better "premium" feeling rubberized texture IMO than WeatherTech or Husky, and I've tried both brands. Full rest pedal coverage (unlike WeatherTech) and no sharp teeth on the backside to cut you (like Husky's).

They have a slightly "padded" feel to them, which feels great! I HATED how hard and slippery the WeatherTech & Husky mats were. Haven't tried these in the rain yet but I feel much better when dry vs those other 2 brands.

Loved these so much I went ahead and orderd the 3D MAXpider cargo mat (same company who makes the Canada OEM mats), even though they said it wouldn't fit a '22 CX-5. It fits just fine if you use the lowered height floor. The right/left edges near the front (see photo) won't sit completely flat because of the ledges that stick out on the '22 model, but it's not a big deal to me. The cargo mat has a raised edge anyway so it kinda hides the fact that it's not flat pretty well.

All these old links are broken though, here's a couple of working links.

3D MAXpider Cargo Mat - M1MZ0581309:

Scarborough Mazda - Front/Rear floor mats:

Attachments

• 3D Maxpider CX-5 cargo mat.jpg
    3D Maxpider CX-5 cargo mat.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 234
Back