Anyone use Nu Finish or Turtle Wax Ice?

Just curious as I've seen good reviews on both.
Nu Finish is a polish or whatever, and Turtle Wax Ice is a spray wax.

Having used both, Nu Finish would last longer than a spray wax. Spray wax is very good for a quick easy polish. Do a Nu Finish polish, than use the spray between Nu finish applications. I use the Turtle Wax Ice on our black glass range top. Keeps it sparkling.

Last edited:
I used to use Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic wax which I liked a lot. But ever since trying Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax, swear I'll never go back. A bit more work than Hybrid Ceramic wax, but much better result. Returning 3 bottles of HC wax to Walmart.

Sorry, never tried Nu Finish.

Nu Finish car polish has more of a thick liquid consistency. There is a Nu Finish ceramic spray wax, but I am talking about the car polish which you rub on, let it dry, and then polish it off. It's more work, but longer lasting I believe.

"Independent laboratory tests have proven that Nu Finish® Car Polish can last for a whole year in standard weather conditions. If you were to wash your car every week for a whole year, water would still bead on your car's finish after the 52nd car wash".

I'm a fan of Nu Finish. However, the directions state it can be used in sun or shade. I would avoid sun--it hazes white with more elbow grease to rub off. In the shade it barely hazes. Cloudy day or in the garage should do it. Also, given it's a polish it probably contains some micro abrasives. It's best to avoid circular motions to avoid swirl marks. Wipe on and off front to back is best. Ceramics, and clay for that matter, likewise have micro abrasives. And when you get down to it, anything you rub on a car with a microfiber is to one degree or another abrasive. Nu Finish does not give me any particular concern.

I applied the first treatment to my CX-5 in the fall of 2020 and then again in spring of 2021. It's still beading nicely so I'll wait until next spring to reapply. There may be other products that add a bit more shine but it's still plenty shiny. @Goguinness might have the right idea for the fastidious--an extra-shiny spray product between Nu Finish applications. I don't bother.

I also use Nu Finish on the exterior windshield about every 6 months after washing and rubbing down with alcohol. It's not quite as effective as Rain-X in terms of sheeting and beading, but it provides some of that and seems to elongate blade life. I'm still on the original blades at 12,000+ miles through one winter. On the other hand it doesn't leave the permanent shadow on the windshield I've experienced with repeated Rain-X applications on other vehicles.

My personal hack--Nu Finish to remove off-gassing and smoke haze on the inside of the windshield and front door windows. I've tried other youtube hacks, like Magic Erasers, on older cars and Nu Finish works better and faster. Two on-and-offs have gotten rid of about 90% of a heavy haze on those older vehicles. I've not tried in on rear tinted windows for fear of possible damage but you don't really see the haze on those anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used Nufinish polish on previous vehicles(for over 14 years) and always worked great & long lasting. It did last really long time between coats.

Just got 2018 cpo CX5 a few months ago and haven't had time but may try to throw a Nufinish coat on before gets below freezing.

Plan for CX5 is to use Mequires ceramic in spring then Nufinish over that. If have the $$, may PPF the front next spring as well. Still deciding if worth it to ppf a 3 year old previously owned vehicle.

No experience with turtle wax ice. But the stove trick sounds great...for the wife.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Nu Finish. However, the directions state it can be used in sun or shade. I would avoid sun--it hazes white with more elbow grease to rub off. In the shade it barely hazes. Cloudy day or in the garage should do it. Also, given it's a polish it probably contains some micro abrasives. It's best to avoid circular motions to avoid swirl marks. Wipe on and off front to back is best. Ceramics, and clay for that matter, likewise have micro abrasives. And when you get down to it, anything you rub on a car with a microfiber is to one degree or another abrasive. Nu Finish does not give me any particular concern.

I applied the first treatment to my CX-5 in the fall of 2020 and then again in spring of 2021. It's still beading nicely so I'll wait until next spring to reapply. There may be other products that add a bit more shine but it's still plenty shiny. @Goguinness might have the right idea for the fastidious--an extra-shiny spray product between Nu Finish applications. I don't bother.

I also use Nu Finish on the exterior windshield about every 6 months after washing and rubbing down with alcohol. It's not quite as effective as Rain-X in terms of sheeting and beading, but it provides some of that and seems to elongate blade life. I'm still on the original blades at 12,000+ miles through one winter. On the other hand it doesn't leave the permanent shadow on the windshield I've experienced with repeated Rain-X applications on other vehicles.

My personal hack--Nu Finish to remove off-gassing and smoke haze on the inside of the windshield and front door windows. I've tried other youtube hacks, like Magic Erasers, on older cars and Nu Finish works better and faster. Two on-and-offs have gotten rid of about 90% of a heavy haze on those older vehicles. I've not tried in on rear tinted windows for fear of possible damage but you don't really see the haze on those anyway.
Like the Nufinish for rainx hack. May try that.

If you're one to wash regularly and like freshening it up often, regular use of TW Ice is great. If you're washing monthly TW Seal and Shine every few months followed by ICE is practically all you need

I may be one of the only ones who's had a less-than-ideal experience with TW Ice Seal n' Shine. I tried it a couple of times and just couldn't get it to stop streaking for me. I must have been doing something wrong, but no idea what.. it was applied post wash, with the car in the shade or in the garage, in warm weather, using high GSM microfiber cloths.

I've never used NuFinish, but I've seen tests where it's outlasted some ceramic coatings with regard to durability. Very impressive product.

@Jack Rabbit, I'd suggest NuFinish first, with Meguiar's on top, if you want to use both products. NuFinish contains some mild abrasives, so by applying NuFinish last, you'd likely remove a small amount of the Meguiar's that was previously applied. IMO, NuFinish is best used as "base layer" for durability and long lasting protection, with Meguiar's on top as a "sacrificial layer" that adds some gloss and depth.

I may be one of the only ones who's had a less-than-ideal experience with TW Ice Seal n' Shine. I tried it a couple of times and just couldn't get it to stop streaking for me. I must have been doing something wrong, but no idea what.. it was applied post wash, with the car in the shade or in the garage, in warm weather, using high GSM microfiber cloths.

I've never used NuFinish, but I've seen tests where it's outlasted some ceramic coatings with regard to durability. Very impressive product.

@Jack Rabbit, I'd suggest NuFinish first, with Meguiar's on top, if you want to use both products. NuFinish contains some mild abrasives, so by applying NuFinish last, you'd likely remove a small amount of the Meguiar's that was previously applied. IMO, NuFinish is best used as "base layer" for durability and long lasting protection, with Meguiar's on top as a "sacrificial layer" that adds some gloss and depth.
Thanks. Sounds like that would really work well.

I may be one of the only ones who's had a less-than-ideal experience with TW Ice Seal n' Shine. I tried it a couple of times and just couldn't get it to stop streaking for me.
Literally no more than 2 sprays per panel

Literally no more than 2 sprays per panel

I'm pretty sure I was applying it correctly and following the instructions on the back of the bottle. Maybe I got a bad batch, who knows.

Back