Mazda Connect Firmware 74.00.230A (now .324A)

Hey I drive a Mazda 3 2014 BM.
Now after a year of using AIO Tweak I wanted to buy the Mazda hub. Dose anyone got the firmware 74.000.200 or 73 EU version?
Thank you 😊

Tried to update to 70.00.367A from 70.00.335 this evening and received a "Error Validation Check" Went through all the steps again by starting over with a new USB (reformatted) and fresh download re-followed the instructions and the same error......not sure what happened.
Hello @xbud , were you able to resolve the validation error for 70.00.367A? I am facing the same issue while updating from 70.00.100A North American version. I was on 50.xx.xx and successfully updated to 70.00.100A.

Please let me know if anyone else has a solution. I tried a couple of times. I will also try after formatting the thumb drive.

Also, my car is Cx-5 2016, should I go for firmware 74.xx.xxx?

Main intention for firmware update is to get Apple carplay installed

If it shows a validation error file is corrupted, never attempt to install firmware without confirmation of checksum or hash first.
NA_70.00.367A ----MD5-- 648dc7443ba99af8abd483f20673c295
SHA1--- 19398226a7cdad3a632a78fb183b7420482d0b90
NA_74.00.230A is for North America only thus NA in front of the file name.
MD5-- 29151b83ba3f77b898a5c94e05cc69cd
SHA1--- 91bbc5af672f2ccdbee95375077b40c56742e2b8

Mazda took down all links to update the firmware yourself, so the only way now is to get it done by the dealer

Hi does anyone still have the firmware downloaded and happy to send me a copy of the EU verison please. I would like to update my version as I've only just brought the car.

I am facing the same issue while updating from 70.00.100A North American version. I was on 50.xx.xx and successfully updated to 70.00.100A.

Main intention for firmware update is to get Apple carplay installed
You may already know, but CarPlay hardware installation works just fine with 100A, no need to update firmware further if getting CarPlay to work is the objective.

Ok almost got everything running now on my 2018 CX-5. Just awaiting the new USB block which should be here tomorrow.

Has anyone actually done the upgrade to the 2021 CMU? I’ve been trying to source it online with no luck. My bigger question: Does it bolt right in to our current dash, or does cutting need to be done to fit the larger screen? Curious to see photos from someone who has completely the swap.

upgrade to the 2021 CMU
I wasn’t aware that was a thing.. is that a thing? You might be on the bleeding edge. I guess first place to start (without having hw in front of you) would be comparing pinouts and unit dimensions. Your 2018 deets are pretty easy to find online. Not sure on 2021 though. If it were me, I’d call dealer, get part numbers for CMU and display. If they have one in stock go there in person on a slow day and see if they’ll pull it for you, take some measurements and pictures, then do a stare and compare to get an idea of LOE. Alternative might be to get on a list at a salvage yard, being winter and all. Unless you have a *really* good friend with a ‘21 that will let you disassemble. Make a video for YouTube, cuz unless my google-fu deceives me, there’s not much out there on 2021 disassembly yet.

I wasn’t aware that was a thing.. is that a thing? You might be on the bleeding edge. I guess first place to start (without having hw in front of you) would be comparing pinouts and unit dimensions. Your 2018 deets are pretty easy to find online. Not sure on 2021 though. If it were me, I’d call dealer, get part numbers for CMU and display. If they have one in stock go there in person on a slow day and see if they’ll pull it for you, take some measurements and pictures, then do a stare and compare to get an idea of LOE. Alternative might be to get on a list at a salvage yard, being winter and all. Unless you have a *really* good friend with a ‘21 that will let you disassemble. Make a video for YouTube, cuz unless my google-fu deceives me, there’s not much out there on 2021 disassembly yet.
It can be done, and wiring was im not worried as much as I am of retrofitting the actual unit into the dashboard without cutting etc.

Back