Protege5 exhaust upgrade recommendations?

Looking to change my exhaust, looking for a cat back system that’ll fit and make a decent tone difference. Please any recommendations?

Have seen multiple people post their mp5 saying “Mazdaspeed cat back” but I'm just looking for some insight on my project.

I would just get the Racing Beat exhaust, and skip trying to make an MSP system work. First, the MSP system will be too long, so it is not 100% bolt on. Second, the Racing Beat system will give you a bump in power, even if it's only worth a few horses. Also, Racing Beat systems are pretty mild for sound, so you won't have to worry about drone during your commute.

I would just get the Racing Beat exhaust, and skip trying to make an MSP system work. First, the MSP system will be too long, so it is not 100% bolt on. Second, the Racing Beat system will give you a bump in power, even if it's only worth a few horses. Also, Racing Beat systems are pretty mild for sound, so you won't have to worry about drone during your commute.

Attachments

• B4D46839-541E-45EA-A6B4-E52B0031E984.png
    B4D46839-541E-45EA-A6B4-E52B0031E984.png
    89 KB · Views: 129
  • 545C28E5-9BEB-4918-A9BB-D8787BE7C475.png
    545C28E5-9BEB-4918-A9BB-D8787BE7C475.png
    89 KB · Views: 148

Attachments

• EFB84BC5-968A-4712-8A0F-1989D17EB3EA.png
    EFB84BC5-968A-4712-8A0F-1989D17EB3EA.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 135
Well, there's OBX ceramic coated 4-1 header, couple of spark plug dealies with o2 sensor in it, a flex fitted magnaflow hi flow catted midpipe, then a resonated mandrel bent ss magnaflow catback with street series oval muffler with angle cut double wall tip...On mine. Subsonic bass to set of everyone's alarms when you go by but no drone or crazy loudness. Fun stuff...I do have a freshy fresh Racing Beat P5 axleback. Not sure why but would still be hard pressed to part with it. Never even had it on my car because rest of pipe is 2.25" which is bigger diameter than that axleback.

Well, there's OBX ceramic coated 4-1 header, couple of spark plug dealies with o2 sensor in it, a flex fitted magnaflow hi flow catted midpipe, then a resonated mandrel bent ss magnaflow catback with street series oval muffler with angle cut double wall tip...On mine. Subsonic bass to set of everyone's alarms when you go by but no drone or crazy loudness. Fun stuff...
Hey could you email me links or if you have anything we could chat on, I don’t have many people around me who have protege5s.

Back