Where is the Odometer?

Just bought the 2020 Cx5 grand touring..cannot find the odometer! The info button shows trip A and trip B and how many miles til empty and how many miles til I need oil BUT no odometer...where the hell is it?....solved! I'm completely blind, the mileage is so low I missed it completely. Hope I at least entertained everyone by my stupidity!

Last edited:
@carson5021

Open that owner's manual of yours.. OR visit it online
https://www.mazdausa.com/owners/how-to-use-my-mazda
specifically this link: https://www.mazdausa.com/owners/how-to-use-my-mazda?year=2020&mc=20CX5

and then

section 4-12 starts the instrument cluster information

don't like reading PDFs.. try the interactive manual online

more directly to the instrument cluster

this should get you started :)

Last edited:
Check owner's manual at page 4-12, determine which type of instrument cluster is in your vehicle, and the info you seek should be in the appropriate section (Type A begins at 4-14, Type B at 4-30, and Type C at 4-46). Good luck.

@carson5021

Open that owner's manual of yours.. OR visit it online
https://www.mazdausa.com/owners/how-to-use-my-mazda
specifically this link: https://www.mazdausa.com/owners/how-to-use-my-mazda?year=2020&mc=20CX5

and then

section 4-12 starts the instrument cluster information

don't like reading PDFs.. try the interactive manual online

more directly to the instrument cluster

this should get you started :)
Not only did I read the manual, I looked at the one online...what it says should be there doesnt! The YouTube videos I looked it are of old instruments displays...so yes this is my last resort for help before the dealership

Check owner's manual at page 4-12, determine which type of instrument cluster is in your vehicle, and the info you seek should be in the appropriate section (Type A begins at 4-14, Type B at 4-30, and Type C at 4-46). Good luck.
Thanks I did that as well and then went thru the different displays yesterday and this morning and still couldnt find odometer I feel like it's got to be obvious but my coworker is lost too

Owners manual is a great first read. :))
Ur right it was a FIRST read but not great...I already read the manual, went online and did the interactive...I looked up you tube last night and this morning....I wouldnt have gone thru the trouble to register and go in a forum if I didnt try the simple easy stuff first lol

Thanks I did that as well and then went thru the different displays yesterday and this morning and still couldnt find odometer I feel like it's got to be obvious but my coworker is lost too
Although it’s Unobtanium’s 2019 CX-5 GT-R, but we can see the odometer display “41594mi” near “160” mph of the speedometer.

⋯ I now have 41,594 trouble free miles and am enjoying it just fine. Here is lifetime mpg. ⋯

27C6E4A6-BE72-4637-A9C4-5AD74B906993.jpeg

View attachment 225382

with so low miles.. the odometer will be quick to miss, here is my 2019 Touring Reserve

FQG0uSW.jpg

notice the 18906mi below the miles to empty of 79.

Did you find it? If not, check dealer for possible Recall Titled "Missing Odometer" Sure glad you took the time and effort to join the Forum. Hopefully, after you get this fixed you will be able to advise others who have the same issue.

Nope not here, my dash is different than that one unfortunately I'm not sure how to add a pic on here...but thank u for trying!!
That's my dash the info button on changes it to trip a or trip b or a pick with just a car on it but no odometer heading in any of the different choices

That's my dash the info button on changes it to trip a or trip b or a pick with just a car on it but no odometer heading in any of the different choices

Trip A and B should be in the center of the speedometer. You're saying your dash is not showing any mileage readout between the speedo and fuel gauges where CX5_driver showed? That's interesting, can you post a pic?

It is not intuitive for me either. It took me more than a few minutes to figured it out.

I don't think any of the dash configurations will remove the odometer reading. It should always be there.
I'll have to check later to confirm this.

Time for a quick trip to the dealer. They will be able to show you the exact location. Should there be any issues, they will be able to diagnose and fix right away.

Congrats on your new CX-5. They're a whole lot of fun to drive.

Just another data point. In my '19 GT-R, the main odometer is right where it should be, between the speedo and the fuel gauge. I just confirmed that none of the display configurations remove it, so it's persistent.

The issue is with a new car is the Odometer looked just like a tripe meter due to its low mileage. The odometer is always visible.

I was doing an oil change on the 2017 CX5 today and the Odometer was missing!!!

Back