Here's a list of Mazda Voice Recognition Commands

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
I've been complaining about the lack of a comprehensive list of Mazda Voice Recognition Commands, and it's been on the Mazda Infotainment website all this time. When I asked last year, Mazda customer service told me no such list was available...we may have mis communicated with each other

Attached are two documents for those who may wish to print a copy to have in the car (or maybe I'm late to this party):

-Mazda_GlobalVoiceCommand_2015.pdf is a direct download from the site
-Mazda Voice Recognition Commands v1.0 2000_03_28.pdf is a copy/paste of the site I made

The first document is just a list of commands without a context.

The second document I made has context and a narrative, and includes a section at the end titled "Using Voice Commands Within A Specific Area." This last section confuses me, because everything it says you can do once you're in each specific area (Navigation, Communication, Entertainment) is also something it says can be done Globally (from anywhere within the system.) Now that I've got a list, I'll have to play with it.

The site has a caveat: "Commands may vary with software version." I have not played with the in-car Tutorial since I upgraded software to 70.00.352. Perhaps the Tutorial has been been improved.

There are other nuances. For example, the instructions tell you to say "Listen to FM radio station 104.1" but I change stations by saying "XM Symphony Hall" or "XM 76." The video on the site does imply that you can shorten the command statements cited in the documents.

At least it's more than I had before.

Attachments

• Mazda Voice Recognition Commands v1.0 2000_03_28.pdf
    72.7 KB · Views: 872
  • Mazda_GlobalVoiceCommand_2015.pdf
    693.7 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
THIS is what forums are designed for :) :) Time to test this out in the car as we're under lockdown in the UK and can't drive anywhere without a very good reason.

THIS is what forums are designed for :) :) Time to test this out in the car as we're under lockdown in the UK and can't drive anywhere without a very good reason.
Let's make sure we agree that "a very good reason" is not "testing out this list some Yank across the pond posted."

No, you misunderstand me and I'm sorry If I've given that impression. I should have said "while sitting in the drive" I can test some of the functions. Obviously not the navigation part.

No, you misunderstand me and I'm sorry If I've given that impression. I should have said "while sitting in the drive" I can test some of the functions. Obviously not the navigation part.
No, my friend. This one's on me.

The written word lacks tonal inflection. I was kidding.

Thanks. I could see that my comment could have been open to misinterpretation, especially the "testing this out in the car" bit. All good:):):)

Back