Trim recommendation and aftermarket surround view

Hi,

I am in the market for a new car and looking into the CX-5 as a potential option. Some of the key features I am looking for are...

1. Memory seats
2. Heated seats/Steering Wheel
3. Blind Spot Monitor
4. AWD
5. Rear Camera with Surround View

I don't think the CX-5 offers surround view. In this case, are there any reliable aftermarket options?

Also, given these are the essential features, what trim option should I go for?

Thanks,
Riopolic

I based my selection of the Grand Touring Reserve primarily because I wanted the turbo engine. It has the items you mention other than the surround view. You need to step up to Signature to get that.

Two things that I initially thought were stupid were the ventilated seats & the heated steering wheel, until I used them. Now they're among my favorite features.

You can compare specs of different trims on the mazda site, For 2020 (not sure about prior years), Safety features like Advanced Blind Spot Monitor are standard on all trims. Heated seats standard. Heated steering wheel for GS and up. AWD is optional in lower trims and standard in GT and up. All trims have rear camera, but only the Signature has the 360 surround view plus front and rear parking sensors.

I value the surround view which made picking Signature over GT easy for me, but many people will say the Rear Camera is sufficient. There are some good after-market 360 degree systems, but I personally would not do it. You need to install more cameras to get surround view, and integrate with the infotainment system. I'm sure it affects warranty coverage if something goes wrong.

Check my response in this thread with links to videos on installing 360 degree view cameras:

Id definitely recommend either the GT with the preferred package or the GTR. I got the GTR for the bigger engine but the winter features are a BIG plus for me. The surround cameras honestly are pretty low res and reviews said they weren't that useful so I didn't feel the need to go up to the signature. You're paying thousands more for 3 cameras and nappa leather.

Id definitely recommend either the GT with the preferred package or the GTR. I got the GTR for the bigger engine but the winter features are a BIG plus for me. The surround cameras honestly are pretty low res and reviews said they weren't that useful so I didn't feel the need to go up to the signature. You're paying thousands more for 3 cameras and nappa leather.

+ Parking sensors, LED interior lights, real wood trim, nav (2020) plus a few other small changes.

go with signature,
it has the 360 surround view,
wouldn't really recommend installing aftermarket 360 camera, potentially not compatible with mazda infotainment system, although a good installer may be able to bypass and force the video on the screen.... go with signature you won't be disappointed.

All the items you listed were also on my list, but I did want the more powerful engine so went with the GTR. IMHO, the really significant upgrade between the GTR and the Signature is the camera. The other items will not increase safety or performance, though they are nice to haves.

All the items you listed were also on my list, but I did want the more powerful engine so went with the GTR. IMHO, the really significant upgrade between the GTR and the Signature is the camera. The other items will not increase safety or performance, though they are nice to haves.

agreed, GT-R has basically everything..but if you want the "extra" luxury, signature is the way to go with the nappa leather, black headliner, 360 camera, frameless rear view mirror and LED everything lights, including footwell ambient lights.

I am looking for any info on how to install 360 Surround/Bird view Camera on 2G Ridgeline. Can someone point me in the right direction or any recommendation on which 360 system I should buy that will work with stock head unit? shareit vidmate

Last edited:
Yes, the Signature has the 360 birdseye. Oh, by the way, the only people that say, 'meh,' are those that have never owned a car with one. I guarranty that anyone here who has used one will never go back to a car without one. It's used nearly every time I drive/park.

Back