What have you done to your CX-5 today?

What model year of CX-5 do you have? (One of the bad things for new website, it won’t show member’s vehicle and location info; and much more hassle to do the search in a long thread with minimum forward and backward buttons.)

Hi @yrwei52, you can set your vehicle and location information if you go to your Account Details. Click on your username at the top of the page, then click on "Account details". On this screen, about halfway down, there are two fields. The "L:" field is your location, and the "V:" field is your vehicle information. Note that there is currently an 18 character limit for each field. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page to save your changes, and you're good to go.

I believe you may also be able to edit what is currently underneath your username, but if not, you can send a message to @Antoine who can assist.

Hi @yrwei52, you can set your vehicle and location information if you go to your Account Details. Click on your username at the top of the page, then click on "Account details". On this screen, about halfway down, there are two fields. The "L:" field is your location, and the "V:" field is your vehicle information. Note that there is currently an 18 character limit for each field. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page to save your changes, and you're good to go.

I believe you may also be able to edit what is currently underneath your username, but if not, you can send a message to @Antoine who can assist.
Thanks for the info. I guess I still prefer the old website where it’d show vehicle and location info underneath the user name automatically for each user if you’re in full desktop mode. Right now we have to go into a couple of levels in user detail to get such info.

The worse part on new website to me is to search posts in a long thread. It used to have several page jumping buttons to go forward and backward or in-between on pages, but now we can only go one page at a time, or the first and the last page.

Thanks for the info. I guess I still prefer the old website where it’d show vehicle and location info underneath the user name automatically for each user if you’re in full desktop mode. Right now we have to go into a couple of levels in user detail to get such info.

The worse part on new website to me is to search posts in a long thread. It used to have several page jumping buttons to go forward and backward or in-between on pages, but now we can only go one page at a time, or the first and the last page.

Whatever you put in the L: and V: fields will show automatically under your avatar (see my info to the left for an example).

For the search result navigation issue, could you please PM Antoine with your concern? It's possible that he and enry could figure something out.

Cleaned CX-5: Optimum No Rinse with Wax. Clean looking car/windows.......dirty ass wheels/tires :)

I bought a cx5 to camp so I built the trunk of the car
9168A06F-B5FC-43E7-B9C1-FC56434123C4.jpeg
26D00251-86A3-423B-9002-52FB2E48C6C1.jpeg
077167A8-F1DB-49F1-AABD-C486277AA5AD.jpeg

Still have much to go before according to my own desires

Love that last pic of the white car with the green reflections. Forms a really cool retro-50's color!

What model year of CX-5 do you have? (One of the bad things for new website, it won’t show member’s vehicle and location info; and much more hassle to do the search in a long thread with minimum forward and backward buttons.)

I see locations and vehicles. Here's a screen shot:

ScreenSHot1.jpg

Maybe there's a setting in your profile that's not turned on.

But he should be able to see the info for others.

Or did they just add the data? Am I late to the party???

Changed oil, rotated tires, removed amd plugged a screw i found during rotation, used some vacuum/head cleaner, checked rear diff fluid and swapped my front brake rotors because I had apparently put them on the wrong side (directional).

But he should be able to see the info for others.

Or did they just add the data? Am I late to the party???
I can’t see “L:” and “V:” fields beneath the Avatar on my iPhone in desktop mode but I could see them before on previous server. I can also see them on my Windows laptop. And why are the characters “L:” and “V:” displayed explicitly? Those seem to be bugs to me.

I can’t see “L:” and “V:” fields beneath the Avatar on my iPhone in desktop mode but I could see them before on previous server. I can also see them on my Windows laptop. And why are the characters “L:” and “V:” displayed explicitly? Those seem to be bugs to me.
Gotcha.

Yeh, it seems as though those field labels were inadvertently displayed. The labels should not even be there so as to leave maximum room...the nature of the info is self-evident.

I have camped in my cx5 but I didn't put any kind of wood structure because wood is dangerous in a collision in such a small vehicle.

I guess I don't plan on cooking like than anyway but I have read people build these kinds of things using pvc tubing and fittings.

When I camp I install a 4' wire metal shelf across the top of the rear shock towers.

I put a Heatmate alcohol stove on the floor in the back seat area. Alcohol is the safest fuel as far as indoor pollution.

I think they decided to use "L:" and "V:" to save space for the field. Apparently they are limited to a certain number of characters in that space. Perhaps the iPhone browser and the new forum configuration aren't playing nice. I would contact Antoine to advise him of the issue.

Yeh, it seems as though those field labels were inadvertently displayed. The labels should not even be there so as to leave maximum room... the nature of the info is self-evident.

Agreed. Removing the field labels would give us more space to work with.

Chris, there are directional discs out there? That it a first, that I hear such a thing. I have a very similar Ebay kit(R1), I will have to check them out, when finally I will swap them.

Chris, there are directional discs out there? That it a first, that I hear such a thing. I have a very similar Ebay kit(R1), I will have to check them out, when finally I will swap them.
Someone of the fb page was told that the fluttering sound from their brakes was caused by them being on reversed. I haven't noticed a difference in the sound but they ARE (some are) patterned to face a certain direction, much like directional tires.

Back