Posting Images to the forum

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Has anybody posted images directly from their computer or do you have to go through one of those image posting sites.
I tried posting a image with my post and it acted like it was fine, but at the very end it said upload failed. The attach software see's the file on my computer, I can select it, tell it to upload but then it fails. I tried it a couple time with the same result.

I found the method to post data is a convoluted many step process so I don't post anything but text. Cut and paste would be great but, that doesn't work either. Ed

I run into this a lot. If the site considers the file too large, it won't upload. I always have to resize my iPhone pictures on my computer before they will upload.

Here's how I do it:

Settings > General settings
Manage Files
Choose File
Upload [don't worry about "into folder", unless you want to use them]
After picture is uploaded , click the blue hyperlink [under your uploaded files]
The attached file (picture) should open in a new window
Copy the url
Now go back to your post
Click the Insert Image button
Copy and Paste URL
Done

This forum software should support direct image upload in the quick reply box. I'm pretty sure vBulletin supports that by now.

I run into this a lot. If the site considers the file too large, it won't upload. I always have to resize my iPhone pictures on my computer before they will upload.

x2 on file size. Resize the photo if you get the "upload failed" message.

imgur is probably the easiest way to upload a photo though (see Chocolate's post above).

It does suck. This forum software is outdated. We're supposed to be getting a new forum. Someday.

Here's how I do it:

Settings > General settings
Manage Files
Choose File
Upload [don't worry about "into folder", unless you want to use them]
After picture is uploaded , click the blue hyperlink [under your uploaded files]
The attached file (picture) should open in a new window
Copy the url
Now go back to your post
Click the Insert Image button
Copy and Paste URL
Done

That worked fine until the Upload (don't worry about folder) part. It acted like it was working but no hyperlink ever appeared and the name of the file I selected under File 1 disappeared. It shouldn't be this convoluted to upload an image.

Settings, scroll to the bottom --> Manage Files, scroll to the bottom--> Browse-->and start uploading. This site will host the pics for you, no need for offsite hosting. I've kept all my car pics here since I joined up.

shaka_obama.jpg

Settings, scroll to the bottom --> Manage Files, scroll to the bottom--> Browse-->and start uploading. This site will host the pics for you, no need for offsite hosting. I've kept all my car pics here since I joined up.

shaka_obama.jpg

Maybe for you, not for me. It might be the Firefox browser, I have problems with certain sites. I'll try it later with Explorer.

Maybe for you, not for me. It might be the Firefox browser, I have problems with certain sites. I'll try it later with Explorer.

Try resizing the picture. The site has a max file upload limit of like 5mb or something like that. Crop it down on your phone, or use an editor like MS Paint to resize the image to 60-70% of the original size.

Try resizing the picture. The site has a max file upload limit of like 5mb or something like that. Crop it down on your phone, or use an editor like MS Paint to resize the image to 60-70% of the original size.

Thanks, I just used Imgur, much easier.
Thanks to the poster who recommended it.

Update!

We’re now on the new platform so these issues should be sorted now..👍

If not, let me know and we’ll try and sort them ASAP, thanks.

Back