SKYACTIV II with HCCI to debut within weeks

Mango, you are a clown and joke pure and simple who has nothing better to do with your time than to constantly rip and bag on a vehicle you don't own, made by a manufacturer that you have a clear and palpable disdain for, and the saddest part is that your not even good at the trolling. No, your just a pathetic annoy troll with a one trick pony, who spews the same old tired arguments over and over and over again. Simple concepts seem to elude your understanding...how hard is it to understand that no one here is claiming the cx-5 is the miata or the rx-7, but that in its class of mid size CUV's it driving dynamics are top of its class, and it is something that can't really be disputed because since its inception in 2012 the praise for its chassis, handling, and driving dynamics as being best in class is almost unanimous across the pages of the auto magazines and websites who review new vehicles. Every time you respond you show your total lack of understanding on why those of us who love to drive love driving Mazda. You are the type who talk a big game of numbers and stats, but never push your vehicle to the limit to actually see how it will perform. Had you or any of your other buddies on here who cry about car play or how funny the side door paneling looks actually rowed your own gears in manual mode and pushed the cx-5 to its limits you wouldn't make the baseless and foolish claim you make about the cx-5 and would understand why 99% of the auto world heaps so much praise on the cx-5's driving dynamics. So go do us all a favor and march on over to the Honda forum and start singing the virtues of that gutless, soulless, boring appliance on wheels that you drive with its gutless CVT transmission and turbo laggy undersized turbo. You will have an easier time convincing those who buy their vehicles based on how many cup holders and vacuum cleaners their vehicle has that Honda's CVT transmission is actually better than Mazda's transmissions, than convincing us that Honda or any other car you brag about on here is a better drivers car.

We know what he meant though, yes?

No. It wasn't clear that he knew what he meant.

Torque is a twist. It requires a force and a distance. It could be expressed as accurately using pound inches, which would differ from pound feet by a factor of 12. If he was just quoting published specs, and said "lbs" for torque, that's sloppy, but yes we know what he means.

When he says "Maybe you should understand the difference between power and torque?", one pays more attention to the details, no?

.... you're not comparing base engines to base engines.

We're done here..

So? Isn't that the whole point? The Mazda6 offers no alternative. Furthermore, you can get a fully loaded Accord V6 for the same exact price as fully loaded Mazda6(going by MSRP). The Mazda6 is easily Mazda's worst vehicle in the lineup. 35k for a rental car lookalike that's loud, overpriced and has no power. Also are you going to answer my question on why they're selling so poorly? I'd love to know as you seem to think it's a brilliant vehicle and Mazda's marketing dept are geniuses.

So? Isn't that the whole point? The Mazda6 offers no alternative. Furthermore, you can get a fully loaded Accord V6 for the same exact price as fully loaded Mazda6(going by MSRP). The Mazda6 is easily Mazda's worst vehicle in the lineup. 35k for a rental car lookalike that's loud, overpriced and has no power. Also are you going to answer my question on why they're selling so poorly? I'd love to know as you seem to think it's a brilliant vehicle and Mazda's marketing dept are geniuses.

The Mazda 3 is actually selling quite well.

Mazdas marketing department isn't the greatest, but it's certainly better thought out then your nonsense.

Mazda dropped the 3.7L from the Mazda 6 because it wasn't selling well and got terrible fuel economy. we've been over this already.

A lot of us on here like mazdas. We get it, you don't like Mazda. Why don't you just go spew your hatred on another forum? I've answered your questions, now you tell me why you're still on here.

Let me tell you something. It was down to the Mazda 6 or the Honda Accord for my dad, and he went for the Mazda purely because he didn't want the CVT in the Accord. If he was looking for a manual transmission, he would have bought the accord in a heartbeat. The Mazda gets better fuel economy in both the city and highway, and makes max torque at 3250rpm vs 3900rpm.(a concept you're still having trouble grasping) The 2.5 in the Mazda makes good torque at 3000rpm and is far peppier then the CVT in the Accord. There are LOTS of reasons why he bought it over the Honda.

If you would rather buy an Accord, then great, good for you. Yes the v6 is a more logical buy, but FWD with that sort of power is ridiculous and my dad didn't need all that extra power. I've laid all the facts out in a very logical manner for you so please, just stop CONTINUING to make yourself look like a moron.

LOL seriously. I'm also a member of a fitness forums I use 'lbs' a lot to describe lifts and such. Just a habit I guess but it's good to know the grammar police are out in full force on these forums.

Oh man... you're just a special kind of stupid. Never seen anything like it in my life.

The Mazda 3 is actually selling quite well.

Mazdas marketing department isn't the greatest, but it's certainly better thought out then your nonsense.

Mazda dropped the 3.7L from the Mazda 6 because it wasn't selling well and got terrible fuel economy. we've been over this already.

A lot of us on here like mazdas. We get it, you don't like Mazda. Why don't you just go spew your hatred on another forum? I've answered your questions, now you tell me why you're still on here.

Let me tell you something. It was down to the Mazda 6 or the Honda Accord for my dad, and he went for the Mazda purely because he didn't want the CVT in the Accord. If he was looking for a manual transmission, he would have bought the accord in a heartbeat. The Mazda gets better fuel economy in both the city and highway, and makes max torque at 3250rpm vs 3900rpm.(a concept you're still having trouble grasping) The 2.5 in the Mazda makes good torque at 3000rpm and is far peppier then the CVT in the Accord. There are LOTS of reasons why he bought it over the Honda.

If you would rather buy an Accord, then great, good for you. Yes the v6 is a more logical buy, but FWD with that sort of power is ridiculous and my dad didn't need all that extra power. I've laid all the facts out in a very logical manner for you so please, just stop CONTINUING to make yourself look like a moron.

No one here is talking about the Mazda3, it's a nice vehicle for what it is. The discussion here is the 6.

Again your long winded post failed to answer the question, why is the 6 selling so poorly? It's such a fantastic car according to you, and 'Mazda marketing knows what they're doing'. So again, why is it selling so poorly? That's great that your dad bought a Mazda6 over an Accord, but that's still not answering the question so let me answer it for you: It's not selling because it has a noisy cabin, is overpriced and under powered compared to the Accord and Camry. That and it's residual value is terrible compared to the Accord and Camry.

⋯ Let me tell you something. It was down to the Mazda 6 or the Honda Accord for my dad, and he went for the Mazda purely because he didn't want the CVT in the Accord. If he was looking for a manual transmission, he would have bought the accord in a heartbeat.
Honda Accord, in EX-L V6 and Touring trims, does offer 6-speed automatic transmission with Sport mode for your choice if your dad really dislikes the CVT.

No one here is talking about the Mazda3, it's a nice vehicle for what it is. The discussion here is the 6.

Again your long winded post failed to answer the question, why is the 6 selling so poorly? It's such a fantastic car according to you, and 'Mazda marketing knows what they're doing'. So again, why is it selling so poorly? That's great that your dad bought a Mazda6 over an Accord, but that's still not answering the question so let me answer it for you: It's not selling because it has a noisy cabin, is overpriced and under powered compared to the Accord and Camry. That and it's residual value is terrible compared to the Accord and Camry.

Mango, you're still having trouble grasping the concept. the vast majority of people buying a mid sized sedan go for the 4 cylinder. can you just for once make sense and compare apples to apples here? the 4 cylinder smokes all of its 4 CYLINDER competitors and is more efficient at the same time. the reason why it's not selling well is mainly because Mazda's reputation is not as strong as honda or toyota. it's a small company.. the lack of a faster engine has something to do with it, but it wouldnt turn the 6 into a class leader overnight because most people in this segment opt for the 4 cylinder. I've already explained this to you... jesus christ.

my dad doesnt give a s*** about residual or resale value, he will just go and buy another one when the current cars time is up. he loves the car and doesnt care about all these nitpicky things that you mentioned.

you have to understand that there is more to enjoying a car then what it offers on paper. the way that the mazda 6 involves the driver while still being practical and efficient was a key selling point in itself. it doesnt drive like a toyota appliance and it's more peppy and efficient then the accord. just because it lags behind the competition in terms of brand image doesnt mean it's a bad car... you've only driven the cx-5 which is too tall and heavy for the adequate output of the 2.5L, so you dont understand the appeal of the smaller mazdas.

the 6 weights 3200 pounds. the 2.5L is perfectly suited to the car.

Honda Accord, in EX-L V6 and Touring trims, does offer 6-speed automatic transmission with Sport mode to choose if your dad really dislikes the CVT.

I mentioned in that post that he was looking for a 4 cylinder. all he really needs is just a decent mid range and good MPG, he's not an aggressive driver at all.

the honda accord drove pretty nice, but we werent impressed with the drivetrain response in comparison to the mazda and while revving it to 7000rpm would be fun (with a manual anyway) that does absolutely nothing for your average daily driving where you spend lots of time below 3000RPM. the way the mazda delivers the torque was just outright better.

Over here 6 cylinder & cars V8's don't sell as they did 10-15 years ago. Most people have either naturally aspirated 4 or turbocharged 4.

If Mazda get's this motor right then they will do quite well in the market place so long as their vehicles don't add much more weight.

Back to the thread's subject.

HCCI in a commercial vehicle is a huge achievement for Mazda with an engine which otherwise uses gasoline and will be probably the main or only engine option in most models in the lineup. Unlike competitors, which offer efficient hybrid in a separate model, which sells far less units, Mazda will introduce fuel savings with more power to a large portion of their customers.

In addition to being fun to drive, it was the fuel-economy of the SkyActiv G which drew me to the CX-5 and this is also my main critique over the 2017, of not improving and even slight moving back on fuel economy.

With a supercharger, the SkyActiv X will probably get even better torque in low RPM, where it matters most to most drivers and will improve the drivability of the vehicle. Because it will still have a spark plug, it will probably drop in efficiency with increased load.

IMHO, the CX-5 has more than adequate power, compared to the competition, especially the base Forester and does not really need any more power. Some people will always crave more, but it is far from necessary. Most people get the 4 cylinder anyway, which is why the CR-V and RAV-4 never had / dropped their higher power alternatives.

If you use HCCI as powerplant for a hybrid you would really improve the mileage.

Back to the thread's subject.

HCCI in a commercial vehicle is a huge achievement for Mazda with an engine which otherwise uses gasoline and will be probably the main or only engine option in most models in the lineup. Unlike competitors, which offer efficient hybrid in a separate model, which sells far less units, Mazda will introduce fuel savings with more power to a large portion of their customers.

In addition to being fun to drive, it was the fuel-economy of the SkyActiv G which drew me to the CX-5 and this is also my main critique over the 2017, of not improving and even slight moving back on fuel economy.

With a supercharger, the SkyActiv X will probably get even better torque in low RPM, where it matters most to most drivers and will improve the drivability of the vehicle. Because it will still have a spark plug, it will probably drop in efficiency with increased load.

IMHO, the CX-5 has more than adequate power, compared to the competition, especially the base Forester and does not really need any more power. Some people will always crave more, but it is far from necessary. Most people get the 4 cylinder anyway, which is why the CR-V and RAV-4 never had / dropped their higher power alternatives.

I agree. A HCCI engine could be the game changer that Mazda needs. The press already from the announcement has been very positive.

Back