Goodbye, CX-5

Quality Quality? Aren't they the ones who's getting sued all over the place for deceptive stuff? But at the same time, this is the best time to buy a VW. Here in NJ, dealers are ready to give it at cost......I heard or lower.

Hey now, that diesel emission control cheat was damned fine quality. Look how long it took them to get caught. :D

Have you owned VW before? I used to buy only VW stick shift and enjoyed them a lot. The only problem I have is the reliability. I finally gave up buying VWs as our last Passat V6 5-speed is having so many problems. GTI is a great car, and we used to own a GLI, and hope you have good luck on reliability.

I agree. My Passat was the reason I will never own another VW again. Heck, it even was doing some things the tech didn't even believe until I showed him, and then got, "Never seen that before, I have no idea..." Just about everyone I talked to has said the same about their VWs. Couldn't wait to get out of them. Idk how the largest car mfg in the World gets away with it, but they do. To each their own, but never again, not even for free...

Hope you plan to keep the VW for a LONG time. my co-worker has one that is 2 years old and is getting nothing for trade in or resale after the diesel spoofing controversy even though his is gas. He is literally underwater on it because of the price hit from it. If I remember right think he said they offered him $7k trade in for his 2014 Jetta.

In the CUV category the Pontiac Aztek was pretty fugly.

AMC Eagle... the first CUV IMO :)

eagle1_2.jpg

Last Friday I traded my CX-5 in for a 2016 VW GTI. The CX-5 did its job and I didn't have too many complaints with the car, but after a few months of ownership I kept wanting to get back into something that was manual and sporty. So after months of contemplating, I bit the bullet and traded it in. The deal I got was one I couldn't pass up, and I do not regret my decision at all. I'll still hang around this forum for sure, lots of good information on here. If it makes anyone feel better, my mom still owns a 16' CX-5 GT so kind of still in the Mazda family. (thumb)
I feel the same about my cx5. Boring as hell. BUT, it's super cheap and functional. I simply can't think of anything more useful to my situation.

Just googled it. Wow, that thing is ugly. Kinda like if a Fiat and a Suzuki had a baby. Mitsubishi hasn't had a good looking vehicle since the 3000 GT.

But hey, that's just me. For each their own.... I mean people actually bought the Chevy Malibu Maxx (dunno)

The evo wasn't terrible.

da fuq? now I know you are a troll. I had a evo for 10 years before trading it in for my CX-5 and moving on to something more practical. I never had a single issue with the car in those 10 years, was easy to get power out of, and handled like it was on rails. I can't even count all the compliments I got for the way the car looked with my evo 7 tail lights, JDM rear end. Not saying you have to do that to make it good, but thats still close to stock looking on the outside, even closer to stock on the outside in japan.
So I'm a troll because you disagree with me and drove what you think is an ugly car for 10 years? Sorry. I'm sticking to my guns. The evo looked good to me.

So I'm a troll because you disagree with me and drove what you think is an ugly car for 10 years? Sorry. I'm sticking to my guns. The evo looked good to me.

Sorry thought it said was terrible lol, but my opinion wasn't based just off just that comment. The whole sport mode thread had me questioning if you were serious about your post and trying to get a reaction out of people

Sorry thought it said was terrible lol, but my opinion wasn't based just off just that comment. The whole sport mode thread had me questioning if you were serious about your post and trying to get a reaction out of people
Pretty serious. The evo, especially the X, looked way more balanced to me than the STI that it was aimed at. Shame they killed it.

Pretty serious. The evo, especially the X, looked way more balanced to me than the STI that it was aimed at. Shame they killed it.

Yeah I'm going to miss the Evo line. It's a shame the Final Edition wasn't a real good send off for it either. I do like the new WRX/STI body styling, but yeah its no Evo. I'm curious how the new Focus RS will do. Haven't really looked into it too much, but seems like it might be a fun car

Yeah I'm going to miss the Evo line. It's a shame the Final Edition wasn't a real good send off for it either. I do like the new WRX/STI body styling, but yeah its no Evo. I'm curious how the new Focus RS will do. Haven't really looked into it too much, but seems like it might be a fun car

I bet performance wise it kills the scoobie and evo x. Yeah, the 450bhp rumored send off was a lie. Sad.

The 2.0T engine itself has been around for a long time and is relatively reliable for a turbo engine.
Reliable, and known to sludge like no other...
Just about to say the same thing with all the class action lawsuits against VW/Audi's 1.8T and 2.0T turbo engines! To be fair, the sludge issue mainly caused by owners and dealers were using conventional oil and 7,500-mile OCI. The sludge issue was just a disaster waiting to happen. 1.8T also suffered early failure of the timing belt, many times the timing belt lasted only 60,000+ miles with specified 10,5000-mile replacement interval! Early failure on turbo charger was the norm too.

A few people that I know that has owned a VW GTI loved it until they get around 30K when they have to start to servicing the transmission. Do you plan on doing your own maintenance?

There is a guy on mazda3rev who bought himself a type r goldlf. Bought a bunch of mods before he even got it on shore. He also has a TT for his wife that is super modded. And then of course his mazdaslow

If my only criteria was to have fun, without going broke, I'd get a 2016 Mustang 5.0 GT ... 435hp.

Back