What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Added a bit of accent to the engine cover. I liked this better then painting the side sections. Thanks to JTIB for the inspiration.

attachment.php

Cool! Looks very classy.

Only downside - these cars are so reliable you will only see it twice a year when you change the oil! :D

Anyone have some suggestions for some good rims for winter tires? I want a bit of style, but I also don't want to shell out a ton of cash. Thanks.

Has anyone come across a SVC manual for the 2.5??

edit : **** it. cost only $7 on ebay so I just bought it. I think I found a local to make a small log type turbo manifold

Last edited:
Installed LED lighting in the map lights and rear seats reading lights, as well as the licence plate lights. Can't wait to see them shine tonight. Also did a full coat of wax today. A lot of work but well worth it!

Nice!!!(bowdown) I got it from ali-express look under cx5 genuine leather steering wheel. Its a tight fit so if you have leather wrapped st. wheel already, it may have to be removed but Im not sure as my model didn't have leather.

Appreciate your contribution to the forum btw.

Last edited:
Nice!!!(bowdown) I got it from ali-express look under cx5 genuine leather steering wheel. Its a tight fit so if you have leather wrapped st. wheel already, it may have to be removed but Im not sure as my model didn't have leather.

Appreciate your contribution to the forum btw.

Thanks.

Used some of this newish CRC GDI intake valve cleaner. Beats taking the intake manifold off to examine/clean if necessary. I've heard good things about it. It's ridiculous how much the engine can buck (in this case the decrease in rpm) while the car is stationary. I need to get my RMM installed lol. I sprayed it in through the PCV port on the intake. It's a 2 person job.
05319.jpg

Were you having symptoms that it might benefit from a treatment?
Not specifically, but I wasn't going to make the time to remove the intake mani to see how much/if anything was there. I tried to stick a s̶t̶e̶t̶h̶o̶s̶c̶o̶p̶e̶ into the spark plug socket a few weeks ago but the light on the camera was to weak to discern anything.

May I ask where did you get the armrest cover? I have a dog who likes to ride with his two front paws on top of it.

Ah, the canine co-pilot. We have one of those, he's the best!

He likes the grippy, rubbery surface of the stock armrest. Braces his shoulder on the outer bucket seats for hard cornering. Always looking for adventure,

Whatever comes his way!

My Autoexe Kenstyle wing shipped from Empire of Japan today. Also I bought these gen 3 mazda 3 front adjustable endlinks. By taking some of the preload off the front sway (coilovers low), I can restore effectivness and reduce stress on the bar and brackets. Bolt size is the same, if the length doesn't work out i will be selling them.

Back